ZEITGEIST BSI: Bosum Strand Irregulars

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
I can't believe it's been two-and-a-half years since I was last here.

To answer a question from 2.5 years ago:

Sargon of Uggat, whose father was the cup-bearer of Ur-Zababa was my absolute favorite NPC name. Once I got his name memorized, I was just rolling that out every chance I got. I even typed it now without checking.

It's tough to even think about going back to type up what happened so long ago, but it was an amazing finish, and now I have a new D&D game with the same group, which we have set 100 years into the future of Lanjyr.

Crisillyir has collapsed. Elfaivar is resurgent. All of the characters are monsters from Ber. I'm jamming together the Saltmarsh and Ptolus settings to give them places to go and things to do. Now I need to go through all those planes that they shoved into place on Axis Island and figure out what weird world rules are happening.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
here's what I have so far:

Fire: Jiese
- Precision technology functions
I'm going to rule that this icon has been degraded in some way, to explain why we're back to a pre-Zeitgeist campaign tech level.

Life: Av & Ascetia
  • Conjures physical reflection of whatever it orbits.
  • People are more aware of history.
I'll have Av orbit Ascetia, both in orbit around the world. Maybe historical reflections are available. Could be fun memory magic to let their characters see old events.

Air: Caeloon
- People are resilient in the face of tragedy
Not sure what to do with this yet. Could be faster hit die recovery. More Death Saves to die?

Water: Mavisha (with some hitchhikers from Shabboath! oops!)
  • Islands conceal secrets. Excellent. We are doing Saltmarsh!
  • Some Shabboath influence to make an underdark. New dungeons have opened up under Alais Primos (replacing it with Ptolus in the new game). Some Eladrin came back "wrong" and are Drow now?

Earth: Urim & Teykfa
  • Gold still blocks teleportation.
  • People are more aware of the scale of time and can better weigh long-term consequences. Time can be manipulated. Oh, Together with Ascetia (and Av orbiting it), this opens up some exciting time travel stuff! But it's tied to earth.. so some metal allows time shenanigans. silver? glass? not metal, but still made of earth. hurm. it's a clock, so.. brass?

Space: Apet
- planar travel limited to local system. Links up nicely with some Ptolus stories.

Time: Reida & Bhoior (a ringed turtle? we're not sure on that yet)
  • Strong prophecy.
  • Sounds echo, sometimes years later. Well.

Death: Nem & Amrou
  • Lingering souls are stronger than corporeal undead
  • Mundane counters against supernatural threats are stronger. I have to get a mummy in this game!

Remove ads