Bucket o' puppies n' Cleave?

Zimri

First Post
oh so you are saying that cleave/great cleave + bucket of vermin + combat reflexes wasn't something that was abusable in 3.0 , or that it just wasn't as abusable as whirlwind attack ?

Not that I would ever use it, my gaming table enjoyed laughing at the tactic. Besides being an ascetic I don't think I am allowed to carry a bucket of puppies.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Zimri said:
oh so you are saying that cleave/great cleave + bucket of vermin + combat reflexes wasn't something that was abusable in 3.0 , or that it just wasn't as abusable as whirlwind attack ?

Whirlwind Attack made it easier :)

Besides being an ascetic I don't think I am allowed to carry a bucket of puppies.

Hmm. If you're an ascetic with a level in sorcerer, I think you can carry them in a Tenser's Floating Disk. But yeah, the bucket might break your vow.

-Hyp.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Please note that an official memo from Mt. Celestia has come down informing all who wish to retain their Good alignment that they should be certain to use only Zombie Puppies for this purpose.

So run on down to the local Necro-Mart and pick up a 12 count bag of Dr. Deth's Zombie Puppies (tm)* and have fun cleaving the bad guys today! Dr. Deth: He's Evil so you don't have to be!

*Dr. Deth's Zombie Puppies are durable, require no feeding (though the occasional bit of brains keeps them spry) and if you spill them they're easy to catch. Dr. Deth Inc. is not repsonsible for Zombie Puppies destroyed inadvertantly by Turning done by the party cleric. The manufacturer is also not responsible if the Zombie Puppies escape and eat the Halfling Rogue in his sleep.

Goblyn

Explorer
the Jester said:
Didn't I just...?

*looks at other thread*

*looks at this thread*

Ahhh, this one is puppies, that one is snails. But only in the title. :) :p

Well, your question has already been answered- so I guess there's not much point in my reiterating. But check out the bucket of snails thread while you're in the neighborhood (if you haven't already). (Heck, maybe that provoked your question...?)

Yeah, it was the other thread that reminded me that I never could figure out how that was supposed to work anyway.

Zimri

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Hmm. If you're an ascetic with a level in sorcerer, I think you can carry them in a Tenser's Floating Disk. But yeah, the bucket might break your vow.

-Hyp.

I was kind of thinking the PUPPIES would break the vow.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Hypersmurf said:
What's the gp value of a puppy?
Bucket o' Puppies: 17 cp
Getting a whole load of completely-silly-but-perfectly-by-the-book smackdown on an unsuspecting bad guy: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's DungeonMasterCard.

Zimri

First Post
Even if it was only 17 copper I doubt a puppy counts as a simple weapon ...... hmm how many puppies could I eat in a day .... I am allowed a days rations, and something to carry them in.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Zimri said:
Even if it was only 17 copper I doubt a puppy counts as a simple weapon ...... hmm how many puppies could I eat in a day .... I am allowed a days rations, and something to carry them in.

Well, remember, you can't eat everything on a puppy. A lot of that mass is wasted, as far as nutritional value goes. So seventeen of them for a day's rations probably isn't out of line :)

-Hyp.

Remove ads