Bucket o' puppies n' Cleave?

Zimri

First Post
hmm according to the BoED attacking any non combatant (it gives an example of orc women and babies) is not good so I am gonna have to stick with the zombie puppies. Or maybe minature giant space hamsters in minature giant space hamster balls

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Zimri said:
hmm according to the BoED attacking any non combatant (it gives an example of orc women and babies) is not good so I am gonna have to stick with the zombie puppies.

Just give the orc babies Tiny double axes, and you can consider them combatants :)

The last time I was actually involved in a thread with you, you seemed a tad more like grumpy smurf than hypersmurf.

Really? That usually only happens if people are making me wear my moderator hat, or if people are being unusually dense :)

And for the record this is twice that I actually considered signing up just to PM you.

There's a sticky thread in the Meta Forum titled "How to contact a moderator". It has all our email addresses.

Uller said:
You could put them in spherical containers. Spheres roll. So when you drop them, they'll roll in all different directions. Even if you don't get AoOs, they might force your opponent to make a balance check.

You know, I'm pretty sure that would provoke an AoO. Unless you consider that the container grants them Cover.

-Hyp.

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Cyberzombie said:
However, you're going to have a harder time justifying them as rations. When orcs and such were "humanoids" and elves and such were "demi-humans", you could more easily justify eating your orc kills (after cleaning the meat thoroughly, of course), but now that they're all "Humanoids", most DMs call it canibalism. :( Which means you actually have to carry rations sometimes, now...

I just fallback on my old NetHack methods: Whatever my animal companion will eat, I can eat, too.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Well, if you are trying to use a bucket full of tiny puppies (or smaller worms) now your DM may say they are considered to be one big "swarm" :)

Zimri

First Post
I think I may just have to get an arcane to get me about 17 miniature giant space hamsters, complete with excersize balls. It may break my VoP but it'll be worth it. MAybe I could get a miniature giant space slaad to mate with them.

Uller

Adventurer
Ridley's Cohort said:
I just fallback on my old NetHack methods: Whatever my animal companion will eat, I can eat, too.

I find that Gnomes give the best sustenance in NetHack (and are the least likely to make you sick). Perhaps bonsaignomes would be an option? Is there another use for gnomes in D&D? Then again, you'd need a container that would accommodate their stupid pointy hats. Wait…maybe you could stuff the gnomes INTO their stupid pointy hats and stack them on top of one other like a stack of waffle cones. That’d be a convenient way to carry them. Then you could let them, the bonsiakittens, the zombie puppies and the baby orcs with tiny double axes fight it out inside your “bag of holding useless things”. Whatever makes it out alive, you can use for your Whirlwind Attack/Great Cleave smack down. Whatever doesn’t make it out alive, you eat (or take to Dr Deth so he can make more zombies for you).

Remove ads