Bucket o' puppies n' Cleave?

Zimri

First Post
hmmm 17 puppies /6 possible AOOs a round = 3 rounds
so right I get my regular 3 attacks from Flurry of misses plus 6 AOOs a round so thats 9 attacks a round for three rounds assuming I only release 6 a round and get the AOO from them before the BBEG can. Wait don't I need to use some kind of action to "release the hounds" or can I get a cohort named Smithers.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
the Jester said:
Anyhoo, I would never try this in a real game. And if a player tried it in my game, they'd... well... something bad, anyway.

From the WotC boards: "The dragon drops a bag of commoners..." :)

-- N

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Zimri said:
Wait don't I need to use some kind of action to "release the hounds" or can I get a cohort named Smithers.

Get a street urchin to carry them for you. At the end of the day, he gets to keep one puppy.

And if you're desperate for that one more AoO->Cleave, you tell him "Quick! Run away!"...

-Hyp.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Hypersmurf said:
Get a street urchin to carry them for you. At the end of the day, he gets to keep one puppy.

And if you're desperate for that one more AoO->Cleave, you tell him "Quick! Run away!"...

-Hyp.
I like the way you think :D

Zimri

First Post
I suppose that makes the action charitable too. Seeing as how he is a street urchin and generally unworthy of my attention I can call him "Smithers" If I choose . Who in Pistis' name is he to tell me what to call him.

"Son Pistis said your name was Smithers and Smithers it shall be. Now then SMITHERS release the hounds"

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
robberbaron said:
The Bag of Puppies tm would count as a Swarm so you'd only get one attack.

There aren't three hundred of them...

Seventeen puppies could, conceivably, act as a swarm if they became a densely packed mass devouring all in their path. But they're more likely to scamper off in several different directions.

I don't think one could consider them to be automatically a swarm.

-Hyp.

Remove ads