Dragonlance Builds that exploit the Solamnic Knights feats

As a spin off from the black robed paladins of high sorcery thread, how would build a character who takes maximum advantage of the Solamnic Knight feats, now that they don't stack with battlemaster?

Narrative logic not required! :LOL:

ECMO3

Hero
As a spin off from the black robed paladins of high sorcery thread, how would build a character who takes maximum advantage of the Solamnic Knight feats, now that they don't stack with battlemaster?

Narrative logic not required! :LOL:
I am struggling to come up with a good build for Knight of the Rose but I have a few builds for the others.

Squire of Solamnia: Just about anyone who makes weapon attacks would benefit from this one. It would be really good on a bladesinger for a nice damage boost, a Rogue could use it to enable sneak attacks (following it with KOS to keep the enemy back). A build using Sharpshooter or Great Weapon Master would be particularly good as a bulwark against the -5 on the attack roll.

For Knight of the Sword, there are three specific builds I can think of :
1. The same thing I posted under conquest Paladin - a Conquest Paladin using knight of the Sword feat I think.

2. Fey Wanderer Ranger - you would need more than just this feat, but another way to frighten someone on a Fey wanderer is well "frightening". Also since this feat is free at 4th level you could go with both this feat and shadow touched for cause fear and boost Wisdom by 2.

3. A grappler fighter with unarmed fighting style and tavern brawler - So this is dependant on your DM considering unarmed strikes "weapon attacks" but if he does you can land attack, frighten the enemy and then he gets disadvantage on the athletics check for the bonus action grapple. I like this best with Rune Knight, but you could do it with a Barbarian build too. The downside here is the ability you increase can't be strength, so you will need to have a highish ability somewhere else to make the frightened powerful. There is also something to be said for Eldritch Knight with intelligence doing this.

I am not really a fan of Rose or Crown personally.

Before the books were out there was talk of taking them all on a battlemaster fighter to get the most options and uses out of the dice...

Now I am thinking about multiclassing the eldritch knight 3 Wizard Bladesinger the rest of the way and you can get some magic and the superiority dice.

My personal favorite build though is my buddy talking about mixing it with a kensi monk

A Bard might get more milage of Knight of the Sword, since hypnotic pattern is great if you don't hypnotise your own team. College of Whispers, since Psychic Blades triggers of a weapon attack hit.

Last edited:

Remove ads