D&D 5E Call of the Netherdeep: marketing has begun, screenshots thread

Only if my wife wants it as a collectible. I don't watch the show, so I probably won't understand any of it.
Though Tal'Dorei Reborn is a recent book, it covers a continent in the setting that will not be featured in Call of the Netherdeep. The continent of Wildemount (featured in Explorer's Guide to Wildemount) and the continent of Marquet (which will be detailed for the first time in Call of the Netherdeep) are.

WotC has recently been putting out short articles for people who don't have Explorer's Guide to Wildemount that want to run Call of the Netherdeep that also give short explanations on the Far Realm and Marquet: Source

Retreater

Legend
I guess I don't understand if it's a "real adventure" or a marketing tie-in? Like is it more "Rime of the Frostmaiden" or "Rick & Morty?" Can I use it if I don't know anything about Critical Role?
I wouldn't want to get something that is just "here are the stats from your favorite characters from the show and watch them do cool stuff."

Weiley31

Legend
I guess I don't understand if it's a "real adventure" or a marketing tie-in? Like is it more "Rime of the Frostmaiden" or "Rick & Morty?" Can I use it if I don't know anything about Critical Role?
I wouldn't want to get something that is just "here are the stats from your favorite characters from the show and watch them do cool stuff."
Probably both. And yeah. The Netherdeep is still connected to the Far Plane. (like, a hole between the Material Plane/reality and into it.)

Remove ads