Call to the Four Lands - OCC

Scotley

Hero
J. Alexander said:
Actually I have been accident free for three weeks now (knocking on the nearest piece of wood which just happens to be Scotley's Head) :)

Be nice, I know where your characters are... ;)

J. Alexander

First Post
En World

Is it just me or is en world loading slow..i have tried from three different computers using aol and internet explorer and the pages just hang or i get a blank screne?

OCC: Waiting for a bunch of charcters to act in all the games..

Leif

Adventurer
It's not just you. I believe it started when the ads mysteriously appeared. Makes ya go: 'Hmmmmmm." Think of it as an ongoing reminder that PATIENCE is a Virtue!

Scotley

Hero
Yes, I'm finding it almost impossible to post. Very frustrating. I think rather than the ads being the problem, it has more to do with increased interest in 4e and higher traffic. The admins are struggling to control prerformance issues. The good news is that Wizards is paying top dollar for those annoying sidebar ads and that should give the boards a financial boost. I just hope they invest it in something to give us more speed.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I also believe it's a traffic issue. I get pages up with (comparatively) 'blazing speed' early in the mornings, but by afternoon when I get home from work it's dragging terribly.

Dracomeander

First Post
OK. I am not the only one having trouble getting the site to load then. Definitely a traffic issue. This is the only site I have trouble with.

Rhun

First Post
Yes, EN World is horribly slow these days. It has even slowed my posting down to a crawl compared to how I normally post. I have the worst posting habits for this type of issue: I have lots of short-duration timeslots free to post during the day, but if a single post takes ten minutes to load, it really limits what I can do.

Remove ads