• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands - OCC

Dracomeander

First Post
Just lost my Hard Drive this morning. Will be a few days before I can get things back up and running. Have to wait until the shop opens tomorrow before they can look at it. Then get a new drive in and start reloading all my software.

Hopefully I will be back by the end of the week.

Rath Lorien

First Post
Am I the only one having trouble with Invisible Castle?

When I search for Anniston's rolls it comes back with an empty result. If I try to roll dice with a character name then it shows the result, but it does not record the roll under the character's name.

Do I have to register? (I never registered before!) Invisible Castle has always worked great before, but a few days ago it started acting like it is not saving the rolls by character name.

When I looked at Jaroth's most recent roll it showed it to me (so obviously the rolls are being stored in the database), but even on Jaroth's roll the character url is blank (well, not blank, but it only has this: http://invisiblecastle.com -- whereas before it would have included a character code so I could see all of Jaroth's rolls).

Am I the only one who is seeing this?!?

Scotley

Hero
Hmmm, I'm not having a problem. Here are links to some rolls that I made this morning that look fine when I go to them. But I was logged in when I rolled and when I looked them up. When I just visited they were fine. Check them and see if you can view all the information. I have character and campaign name when I view them.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1624901/
Initiative (1d20+2=4)
lightining bolt (8d6=24)

First and last link are different ways to get to the same roll.

Here's a link to one I looked up by character name, which also worked fine for me:

http://invisiblecastle.com/search/?...mpaign=&latest=

Anyway, an account is free and gives you the advantage of putting in a champaign name which will make it easy for the DM to look up everyone's rolls. I've have been putting them in and eventaully will ask that players use them if most people start logging in to roll. Try a search on campaign name 'Constables'. Oh I just thought of something else. The log ins are case sensitive. Make sure your searches match the case of the original entry and see if that helps.

Rath Lorien

First Post
Thanks, Scotley. I can see your character info. I appreciate the advice. I have registered and I can now create rolls using a character name.

I think part of the problem is that I have not posted any rolls for Anniston in quite awhile. I know that invisiblecastle will truncate older data and it is possible that Anniston's most recent rolls have been truncated.

I still can't entirely explain why my user experience changed so drasticly a few days ago. I have registerd with invisible castle and now I can roll dice and it will store the rolls under my character name. I did not previously need to be registered in order to keep rolls under a character name, but evidently now I do.

Here is the link for a named stat roll I created on June 5th. I was able to see this roll before, but now I can't. I was not registered when I created it. Perhaps it has also been truncated:
invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/17263/

I also noticed that the last roll from Jaroth was not associated with a character name. Perhaps Canaan needs to register as well in order to preserve rolls using a character name.

In any case, registering with invisiblecastle seems to have resolved my problem, so I do not need to keep discussing it in this thread.

Thanks again for your help!

Remove ads