• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands - OCC

Leif

Adventurer
Better yet, Rath Lorien, just click on "My Account" in the sub-header, which will show you all of your subscribed threads that have been altered since your last log-in. On the left side of that screen you will see "Your Control Panel". Just scroll down through the Control Panel until you see a link for "List Subscriptions". That will show all threads that you are subscribed to. :)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Better yet, Rath Lorien, just click on "My Account" in the sub-header, which will show you all of your subscribed threads that have been altered since your last log-in. On the left side of that screen you will see "Your Control Panel". Just scroll down through the Control Panel until you see a link for "List Subscriptions". That will show all threads that you are subscribed to. :)

Even better than this - on the right side of the page is a 'Quick Links' menu (it's just to the left of the 'Log Out' link). Under that (but not on a different page) is a 'Subscribed Threads' link.

Scotley

Hero
Mowgli asked that I pass along word that he going to be without internet access until Sunday afternoon while he pursues a little Independence Day happiness at the lake this weekend.

Nightbreeze

First Post
I have to say that JA is being racist towards the Divine Avengers campaign :p

Well, it is my fault for enjoying a grizzly northern "paladin" more than the usual caster. :heh:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I have rules question

So, 1st:
What part of damage gets doubled if PC scores critical hit?
Let's say weapon in question is longsword 1d8/19-20
Damage is 1d8 + 3(STR) +2 (Spec) +1 (luck) +2(morale) = 1d8+8
luck and morale bonuses from any source just for this example (spells, bardic inspiration and such)

In case of critical, would that be (1d8+8) x2 or would only 'physical' part double (STR and skill)

2nd:
Lance is normally two handed weapon and would do 1d8+2 x STR impaling damage. (also related to #1 question: do all bonuses double in case of charge?)

In case of charge it gets doubled to 2d8 + 4 x STR.

BUT: riding a horse and wielding lance means that lance is held in one hand and is supported by saddle. Does that mean that STR bonuses to damage no longer double?

So, lance from horseback actually does less damage (2d8+ 2 x STR)!? Or is there some hidden rule that says that it is strength of the horse as a driving force behind the blow that counts so it would be then (2d8 + 2 x horse STR)

Finally, subquestion: is damage from charge simple doubling of normal damage or is it doubled as I wrote above (that is instead of 2d8+ 2 x STR it should be 2x(1d8 + STR)?

Sorry to be a bother and thank you for answering...

Nightbreeze

First Post
So, 1st:
What part of damage gets doubled if PC scores critical hit?
Let's say weapon in question is longsword 1d8/19-20
Damage is 1d8 + 3(STR) +2 (Spec) +1 (luck) +2(morale) = 1d8+8
luck and morale bonuses from any source just for this example (spells, bardic inspiration and such)

In case of critical, would that be (1d8+8) x2 or would only 'physical' part double (STR and skill)

The only think that doesn't get doubled are additional dices of damage (like those from sneak attack, or those from a flaming weapon). So, a critical with longsword in that case would be (1d8+8)x2 (well, actually, it would be 2d8+16, RAW). If the weapon was, say, lightning, it would be 1d8+8+1d6 for a normal hit and 2d8+16+1d6 for a critical.

2nd:
Lance is normally two handed weapon and would do 1d8+2 x STR impaling damage. (also related to #1 question: do all bonuses double in case of charge?)

In case of charge it gets doubled to 2d8 + 4 x STR.

BUT: riding a horse and wielding lance means that lance is held in one hand and is supported by saddle. Does that mean that STR bonuses to damage no longer double?

So, lance from horseback actually does less damage (2d8+ 2 x STR)!? Or is there some hidden rule that says that it is strength of the horse as a driving force behind the blow that counts so it would be then (2d8 + 2 x horse STR)

No, charging with a horse means that you can only use one hand, and that means 2d8+2xSTR. BUT! a free ride check at the beggining of the round with DC 5 means that you can guide your horse with your knees and thus use both hands for the weapon. The DC is low, and even without ranks and dexterity you have 75% chance to make it. That means that you would be able to charge at 2d8+4xSTR[/quote]

Finally, subquestion: is damage from charge simple doubling of normal damage or is it doubled as I wrote above (that is instead of 2d8+ 2 x STR it should be 2x(1d8 + STR)?

IIRC you just roll twice. That means 2d8+4str, not 2x(1d8+2str)

Hope that helps.

Sorry to be a bother and thank you for answering...[/QUOTE]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads