• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands

Rhun

First Post
Rath Lorien said:
Thanks for the invite, but I have to stick to one game. With two I would just get strung out. Three kids and a one track mind, etc, etc.

Ah...now I see what my problem is. No kids, so I have to lose myself in ten different PBP games. :D

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Kids

Nah, I have 11 month twins and that's exactly why I started PbP.

No time to play face to face, but posting takes little time andis done within coffee breaks in the morning before work or few minutes afterwards.

And I play two and new Four lands will be third

But, of course, being at work, I don't have either time or will to play 10 of them :)

Scotley

Hero
I too have found pbp to be the best opportunity for regular play with two teens and a three year-old. I'm down to only playing in 5 (including Rhun's very cool temple of elemental evil game), soon to be 6 with another 4-lands game. I've been up around 10 in the past, but now I'm DMing one, co-DMing one and DMing one solo game. That's pretty much a full load for me.

J. Alexander

First Post
Gaming

Yes it can get a little crazy at times.......so all is good..i do not plan on any of the games ending for a long time..in fact were fast apporaching the first anniversiary of "the Great NOrth" hard to belive a year has almost passed ....

And to those pleading parenthood i only need remind you :)...it is a self inflicted injury..you could have had a headache :).........but i am sure there is plenty of compensation for the status of dad that we poor bachelors have yet to fathom.

Leif

Adventurer
J. Alexander said:
Yes it can get a little crazy at times.......so all is good..i do not plan on any of the games ending for a long time..in fact were fast apporaching the first anniversiary of "the Great NOrth" hard to belive a year has almost passed ....

And to those pleading parenthood i only need remind you :)...it is a self inflicted injury..you could have had a headache :).........but i am sure there is plenty of compensation for the status of dad that we poor bachelors have yet to fathom.
As one who has had a small taste of fatherhood, but is now back to being childless I can tell you that it does indeed have its own compensation. Is it equal to the damage done to your bank balance and your sanity? Good question. Alas, you must seek the answer elsewhere, Grasshopper.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Kids

If little devils could be persuaded to sleep for the night it would be most gratifying experience. As it is, I'm a zombie with my work capability cut in half (at least) :(

They are angel over the day, starting to speak, starting to walk, easily calmed etc. but when the night falls ...argh!

Dracomeander

First Post
It appears Finnian is in the wrong campaign. The new one is taking place in his homeland.
Ah, well. I'm enjoying this campaign and am interested in where the mysteries are leading.

As for the new campaign, I've an idea to fill the role of one of the scouts for the escaping contingent. Looking at a huntsman / archer with levels of scout and ranger eventually taking the Swift hunter feat from Complete Scoundrel if allowed and we get that far.

Where would we find the Rogue's Gallery and OOC threads for the new campaign?

J. Alexander

First Post
Threads

I know the may get a little confusing at times.....but i would like to just use the existing rouges gallery for the four lands........so that all the characters from all the adventures are in one are and i dont have 20 threads to look thru...likewise..i would like to use this thread as the occ...that way...when a good question is asked that involves the world etc...everyone has acess to the public answer....

Dracomender

Sounds like a good choice and one that it very workalbe...and dont worry the nice friendly dm...will make sure that the mystery will be revealed in due time :).....but actually in no hurry....as characters are creating enough mischief for the dm to enjoy :)

Last edited:

Remove ads