• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands

J. Alexander

First Post
Odds and Ends

For Neurotic and Ferrix

Your items are coming...having to put a little more thought in them than usual...

Items in General

I have alwasy had a huge fetish for items that grow with the characters and the occasionaly special gift for deeds well done..........so in time and perhaps at the most convient or inconvient moment..expect your items to deliver suprises.

Characters

While it appears that some have more than others at least for now,, all will be balanced when we get things going....in this world it is not all about power but sometimes about cunning and the relationships characters build...so you may at times have to chose bewteen a really nift item or having a ancient red momma dragon be in your debit.....

Equipment

My preference is that you spend all your gold now....the party has been in the filed for almost six months etc....so most of their cash would be gone at this point in time.

Rhun

First Post
J. Alexander said:
...so you may at times have to chose bewteen a really nift item or having a ancient red momma dragon be in your debit.....

I've always wanted to have a PC tell a ancient red momma dragon "That's right: You're my beyotch now!"

Leif

Adventurer
Rhun said:
I've always wanted to have a PC tell a ancient red momma dragon "That's right: You're my beyotch now!"
Ohhhhh!! That is PRICELESS!!!! I love it!! Nijel just became Cairnwalker's biggest fan! :D

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Dracomeander said:
Mowgli, if my post came off as a complaint, I apologize. As Leif found out earlier, I am something of a rules guru for the groups I run with.

I was just wondering what rule set, or guidelines, you were drawing your resources from and pointing out where the rules, that most folks consider the standard, differed. I also like the idea of ambidexterity and run an AE/AU game for my own tabletop group.

As for the gear envy, of course we all fall prey to it at times. But as I said when discussing the severing blade, I saw what JA gifted my character for a weapon and do trust that things will be fair for all. With the armor, you will notice I didn't suggest you change anything. I was just pointing out a thought that came to me about the difficulties of trying to hang on to such armor should someone outside of the group discover you have it.

I think your relationship with the DM will be an asset to the group and welcome the chance to discover more of the Four Lands with you and the others.

No sweat - I hope I didn't come across as too awfully priggish. I did turn out to be an opportunity to air some personal ideas about why I play. And I'm definitely not knocking rules guru's - you guys are handy to have around (most of the time, anyway :p ). I'm sure I'll be drawing on your expertise a lot, as I never play spellcasters and am certain to screw something up. I'll probably forget I can cast spells most of the time, so I may need a figurative knock on the head to wake me up.

I found Ambidexterity in an old printout of the 'Netbook of Feats,' one that I didn't realize was outdated. However, it fits with Kat's character, and I couldn't really find a spellcasting/metamagic feat I like at her level. What is AE/AU, btw? I'm drawing a blank trying to flesh out the name from the abbreviation.

I'm also looking forward to the game. Although Todd's plots tend to have a little more politics than I can wrap my poor brain around, they're almost always enjoyable (and I love hearing his griping when one of the characters finds a direct route through what he intended to be a tricksy knot of a puzzle).

J. Alexander

First Post
In Defense

Gee the abuse and misinterpataion of my actions is just so great, sniff sniiff... simply because i have subtitled my notebook of ideas "purgatory for player characters" i get all sorts of ulterior and sinster motives applied to me :)

Rhun

First Post
Mowgli said:
What is AE/AU, btw? I'm drawing a blank trying to flesh out the name from the abbreviation.

Arcana Evolved / Arcana Unearthed. Monty Cook's books. Ha. That rhymed.

Oh, and Mowgli...I only see one issue with Kat. You describe her as slight of build, yet she has a strength of 14. 14 is pretty darn muscular, especially in a female. :D

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Leif said:
Ohhhhh!! That is PRICELESS!!!! I love it!! Nijel just became Cairnwalker's biggest fan! :D

Hey Leif, not that I am trying to suggest more min/maxxing or anything, but it seems that Nijel would be better off with his score of 17 in CHA instead of in WIS. Perhaps you have future plans regarding the character's development that necessitate the high wisdom, but I thought I'd at least throw that out there.

Rhun

First Post
Hey JA,

Which direction is it toward the Lord Marshall? Based on your new post, it would seem the safest direction to flee camp is toward the southwest/west, since the other directions seem to have enemy troops either entrenched or moving toward us. Am I reading your IC post properly?

Thanks for clarifying! :D

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rhun said:
Arcana Evolved / Arcana Unearthed. Monty Cook's books. Ha. That rhymed.

Oh, and Mowgli...I only see one issue with Kat. You describe her as slight of build, yet she has a strength of 14. 14 is pretty darn muscular, especially in a female. :D

To paraphrase Gene Hackman's character in The Replacements, "She's wirey." (for maximum enjoyment, hear it in your head with a Welsh accent) :lol: .

Thanks for the info - I have seen those books and it's likely Ambidexterity was listed on Netbook from them, I suppose.

Remove ads