• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands

Rhun

First Post
Dracomeander said:
Ewan will lead the main group on the most direct route to the Lord Marshall but will detail other scouts to warn the outlying farmsteads, get the people moving, and apply the scorched earth policy.

Lead on good Ewan!

Scotley

Hero
By all means lead on. Quick question with regard to the map. Are we at the purple spot or is that the point of last stand? I detuned my character slightly and dropped an add on crystal from his armor lest I be accused of min/maxing. I'm still waiting on a promised email from our glorious DM about some details of Alban's background before posting him (hint hint Mr. DM), but he is otherwise ready for action and the DM has a draft.

Leif

Adventurer
Nijel Bladesong

Nijel likes being on point as the column moves along. This may also be beneficial for the whole group because of Nijel's Diplomacy skill. :)

Rhun

First Post
Leif said:
Nijel likes being on point as the column moves along. This may also be beneficial for the whole group because of Nijel's Diplomacy skill. :)

Actually, Ewan should probably be on point so we don't get lost or ambushed. But Nijel should ride alongside him in case we do get ambushed! :D

Scotley

Hero
Hey Redclaw, what kind of bonus does Padraig's senses aura provide? Alban's 10' psychic aura of perception gives a +2 moral bonus to spot, listen and initiative. Will the bonuses stack? If not Alban could boost attack (+1 moral to attack and damage), defense (+1 moral to AC) or energy (+1 fire, cold or electricity damage) or just serve a different part of the group. We should coordinate this for best effect I'm thinking. I was thinking Alban should be in the second rank so his bonus and reach weapon could come into play.

J. Alexander

First Post
Map

The party is starting at the purple spot. At this point in time your about 1mile from teh last stand. The scale on the map should be about 1mile per1/4 inch.

As for the big party :) just gives me the chance to thro mulitple bad guys at you.

Leif

Adventurer
Rhun said:
Actually, Ewan should probably be on point so we don't get lost or ambushed. But Nijel should ride alongside him in case we do get ambushed! :D
That works for me! Nijel is lefthanded, so you can take the right side, please.

Leif

Adventurer
Alban

Scotley said:
Hey Redclaw, what kind of bonus does Padraig's senses aura provide? Alban's 10' psychic aura of perception gives a +2 moral bonus to spot, listen and initiative. Will the bonuses stack? If not Alban could boost attack (+1 moral to attack and damage), defense (+1 moral to AC) or energy (+1 fire, cold or electricity damage) or just serve a different part of the group. We should coordinate this for best effect I'm thinking. I was thinking Alban should be in the second rank so his bonus and reach weapon could come into play.
Nijel is in the front with Ewan, and I also have an Aura of Courage that gives friends within 10 feet +4 to morale and +4 to saves against fear. Nijel also exudes an aura of Good, so it's probably not a good idea to have him up near the front if we're trying to be sneaky. (Unless, that is, we're trying to sneak up on the Pope or something. :D )

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Pyrex

Sometime you gotta teach me how you put those links to your other threads at ENWorld in your signature. :)

Gotta question for anyone who knows, too: This "ambush point" -- are we the ambushers or the ambushees?

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Hey Scotley,
The aura is an unnamed bonus. I figured it was competence, like the bardic music, but who knows. It extends 30'.
Senses gives +2 to spot, listen, search and initiative
energy shield does 4 points of fire damage to anyone who damages one of us with a melee or natural weapon.
resistance gives us 10 points of fire resistance
vigor gives fast healing 2 to anyone who is below 1/2 of their hit points.

Remove ads