Can one PC choose not to take a rest? (Dark Spiral Aura and Rod of Corruption woes.)

Kingreaper

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that "until end of encounter"/"until a short rest" means "about five minutesish" if there's not an encounter going on, and there aren't any short rests.

Aulirophile

First Post
I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that "until end of encounter"/"until a short rest" means "about five minutesish" if there's not an encounter going on, and there aren't any short rests.
Rule specifically says "Until end of encounter or five minutes, whichever comes first." It only applies to powers that say "till end of encounter" however, "till you rest" means till you rest. No ifs, ands, or buts.

On Puget Sound

First Post
On a side note, I found it necessary to house-nerf Rod of Corruption to "burst x+1, where x = the enhancement bonus of the rod" - Otherwise a +1 rod is still about the awesomest tool ever for off-hand, even for a paragon level warlock.

Aulirophile

First Post
On a side note, I found it necessary to house-nerf Rod of Corruption to "burst x+1, where x = the enhancement bonus of the rod" - Otherwise a +1 rod is still about the awesomest tool ever for off-hand, even for a paragon level warlock.
Presumably they'd want to upgrade it when they get Dual Implement Spellcaster anyway....

Dungeon Masta

First Post
It might be fun to have a BBEG with a sort of "disenchant" ability... But personally I wouldn't do it just to nerf one character's abuse, unless you put in some nice foreshadowing, making it clear that the BBEG does have some way of "eating" magic.

Maybe fun to do once. Not a whole lot though, or you risk a DM vs PC dynamic.

Thanlis

Explorer
Or they are being strikers and leaving the controlling to the controller...

That'd be a goofy way to play a warlock. If you want to do pure damage without a side of controller, I'd have to recommend the barbarian or ranger. (Which I think is also what the CharOp guides say -- which one are you referring to, specifically?)

Pure damage and spellcasting belongs to a sorceror. (And I'd like to know just when an Eyebite/Pact blade combo stopped being controllery. Or Eyes of the Vestige, Hellish Rebuke, or whatever the other non-darklock one is).

But wait. A darkpact warlock managed to claw together some temporary power and decided to cling on to it by force of will and at some cost to himself? From fluff alone I'd allow this.

Remove ads