WotC Can we salvage Toril?

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Old timers have access to old product, satisfying that need there (except perhaps an actual boxed set with a map you can hang on the wall).
Not really, but I do have a poster-quality print framed and hanging on my wall. Note the version and era that is represented is not current. But I still use it for my campaigns.

20220114_114802.jpg

HammerMan

Legend
TBH I am NOT the intended audience, but I think a ground 1 rewrite is needed.

On the other hand it is entirely possible that to get fans like me to like it they may alienate more than it is worth.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Should I care about Toril?

I had a big investment in 3E FR and liked what I had from before that

Then I understand 4E did a time jump, shook things up, killed a bunch of NPCs and then somehow brought back all the marketable ones

5E then tried to revert back to 3E situation but didn't retcon

Greggy C

Hero
I presume WOTC is following a winning formula as they see it. There's this giant map and pretty everything in 5E takes place in this tiny little square on the left side. I'm guessing that new players don't have a clue about the Realms, so it's not a priority to market the entire Realms to them.
Interestingly though, of my two online, interactive maps

Toril World Map, Forgotten Realms

is 4 times more popular than

https://dndcombat.com/faerun

and because I'm ramping up, mapping every module to locations on Toril, I would like to see some kind of future for the world, not just Faerun.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Probably far to many issues that WotC would have to "fix", best to just not deal with it.

Like Hollow World from Mystara. Cool setting for the idea behind it but it would never fly today with out a massive revision (like Dark Sun).

Greggy C

Hero
Probably far to many issues that WotC would have to "fix", best to just not deal with it.

Like Hollow World from Mystara. Cool setting for the idea behind it but it would never fly today with out a massive revision (like Dark Sun).
Right so given that, Ed and peeps release Border Kingdoms, lets convince him to release a replacement for Maztica.

Check this thread out

per Ed

There is no Maztica (or Osse) in the original Realms, but instead: Laerakond, and SE of it/SW of Faerun, there's Thuin, a N/S-long-axis continent with dark-skinned human peoples (many squabbling city-states)

I want a Laerakond supplement !

Remove ads