Can you name a good fantasy TTRPG that's not D&D?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In Paranoia, the world is run by an insane friend computer. The players are trouble shooters whose job it is to find subversives and mutants and kill them. But everyone is secretly a subversive mutant.

So we turned this into fantasy role playing by having the computer be replaced by a god that lost his mind. The caste system in Paranoia works well enough to be straight forward imported. Instead of commies, we just had heretics who broke from the orthodoxy of the faith or apostates who had turned to other gods.
So infiltrators from other complexes served OTHER mad gods, and that kind of thing?

Lycurgon

Adventurer
My favourites are:

Symbaroum
Earthdawn
Invisible Sun

Savage Worlds has a lot a great fantasy settings available. My favourites include:

Totems of the dead
Sundered Skies
Accursed

So infiltrators from other complexes served OTHER mad gods, and that kind of thing?

If there are other complexes. My headcanon is that the world of paranoia is can be divided neatly into Alpha Complex on one hand, and the rest of the world that isn't deranged mole people on the other. That there was no world-ending cataclysn, the computer is just broken, and the only thing that stops the intact rest of the world from coming in and sorting everythig out is a misplaced sense of cultural relativism

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If there are other complexes. My headcanon is that the world of paranoia is can be divided neatly into Alpha Complex on one hand, and the rest of the world that isn't deranged mole people on the other. That there was no world-ending cataclysn, the computer is just broken, and the only thing that stops the intact rest of the world from coming in and sorting everythig out is a misplaced sense of cultural relativism
“We cannot interfere, Numero Uno, because of La Raza’s Directiva Principal!”

”But Hefe!”

Remove ads