• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you teleport an unwilling, but unconscious, person with you?

Crothian

First Post
I'm actually surprised no one caught onto the double meaning of my post. THe second meaning has to take the comment totally out of context, but it's there.

But I'm happy to be the only person who things unconscience people cannot become a willing subject.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
I'm actually surprised no one caught onto the double meaning of my post. THe second meaning has to take the comment totally out of context, but it's there.

But I'm happy to be the only person who things unconscience people cannot become a willing subject.

I caught onto it but I figured it was a typing error and should have looked like this...

Not able to give consent means no consent needed in my book

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
An unconcious person is neither willing nor unwilling. The spell says:

Target: The character and touched objects or other touched
willing creatures weighing up to 50 lb./level

An unconcious person is not willing, therefore they cannot be teleported (friend or foe).

hong

WotC's bitch
Re: Re: Can you teleport an unwilling, but unconscious, person with you?

Crothian said:

Not able to give consent means no consent in my book.

It's politically correct Nazis like you who cause all the trouble in the world.

Hong "indulging my inner Evil" Ooi

kreynolds

First Post
Xahn'Tyr said:
An unconcious person is neither willing nor unwilling.

If this is true, then technically, willingness isn't a factor, thus you can teleport them. They must be one or the other, and if they are neither, then the "willing" restricting doesn't apply.

Last edited:

mikebr99

Explorer
Then having a contingency on the mage that teleports his body back to his tower when he reaches 0hp wont work either...

Check the book folks... Teleport has a WILL save. So anyone who isn't willing (no pun intended) to go along for the ride needs to make his WILL save. But an unconscious (ie. helpless) person isn't able to make any saves, so he fails automaticaly... and gets teleported away.

Crothian

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Can you teleport an unwilling, but unconscious, person with you?

hong said:

It's politically correct Nazis like you who cause all the trouble in the world.

Hong "indulging my inner Evil" Ooi

Ya, I'm as PC as Bill Mahr. But, I am curious how PC and Nazis fits tohether. Perhaps, that is better left unanswered. So, as usual Hong shows his rich sense of Humour. And, I'm starting every sentence with a word followed by a comma. How odd.

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

If this is true, then technically, willingness isn't a factor, thus you can teleport them. They must be one or the other, and if they are neither, then the "willing" restricting doesn't apply.

If you are not willing it doesn't work. You can be not willing by not being able to make the distinction. I think your confusing not willing by refusing and not willing by means of the absence of willing. If that made sense to you, you think like me and should be scared. :)

Remove ads