CANCELED: madwabbit's Spirit of the Century

Psion

Adventurer
If you run SotC, I'll play (sorry, Bretbo. HEX is okay, but I like SotC better), but after reading this thread, I was tempted to run SotC myself. So if you DON'T want to run, I will. ;)

madwabbit

First Post
Psion said:
If you run SotC, I'll play (sorry, Bretbo. HEX is okay, but I like SotC better), but after reading this thread, I was tempted to run SotC myself. So if you DON'T want to run, I will. ;)
Heh, what's with the "Iron GMs" this year, wanting to run two games in a row? :D

Let me give some thought to it... I'd love to run SotC again, but I'd also love to see IAWA in action (since that was the game that dikaiosunh was going to run that already had sign-ups).

Cassander

First Post
I'd personally prefer giving IAWA a try, but I don't have any experience with this kind of "creating the characters and the setting at the table" type game. It'd be a first for me. But it'd be nice to have some sort of fantasy game going on and would be interesting to try out this style of play.

Psion

Adventurer
madwabbit said:
Heh, what's with the "Iron GMs" this year, wanting to run two games in a row? :D

Well, considering I have zero applicants in my afternoon game, I'm not assuming I'm going to be running it at the moment. ;)

Let me give some thought to it... I'd love to run SotC again, but I'd also love to see IAWA in action (since that was the game that dikaiosunh was going to run that already had sign-ups).

Having heard that the Spirit of the Far Future folks have finished their FATE Traveller draft, I'm REALLY tempted to run that. But I don't want to step on your toes.

madwabbit

First Post
Psion said:
Well, considering I have zero applicants in my afternoon game, I'm not assuming I'm going to be running it at the moment. ;)
Having heard that the Spirit of the Far Future folks have finished their FATE Traveller draft, I'm REALLY tempted to run that. But I don't want to step on your toes.
EDIT: Nope, changed my mind. I'm definitely thinking I want/need to run this session, and yes I will run SotC.

Trust me, it is going to KICK ASS!

Although that ass might be mine... More details to follow tonight!

Good point -- I'm not worried about my toes being stepped upon. I've got something that absolutely needs playtesting before the end of March, and either HEX or SotC is good for it (but I'm definitely thinking SotC), but I also think it's important to have this slot filled with something for the folks who are out a game plus any new folks coming in.

Therefore I am a case study in indecision and ambivalence.

Since it sounds like you're probably more enthused about running something than I am (and I'm reasonably enthused), maybe that's the way we should incline. If you're definitely going to do SotC, then I'll back out (and as opposed to starting another thread, I could edit the thread title and the first message to point to your second message, and then you can start managing from there). If you're NOT going to run SotC, then I'm still going to consider running it in this slot.

What say you?

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
QuinnHarlech said:
It's FATE 3.0, just FYI. And if I weren't running something then, having you run SotC again would be awfully tempting.
Fate version corrected - I always make that mistake.

And while I'd love to have you play, I am reasonably certain you'll get a chance later on down the line. :D

Remove ads