D&D 5E cancelled 5e announcement at Gencon??? Anyone know anything about this?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hey, Kamikaze Midget (and everyone else)!

As has been said many, many times before - don't make it personal. Address the content of the post, not the person of the poster. Really. We mean it. Thank you.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Apologies.

As for the cancelled announement: Only time will tell! Perhaps it was related the James Wyatt slip about making older books available on a subscription-based service?

Eric Tolle

First Post
At this point, I think the most likely and charitable explanation is that everybody involved was very drunk, and the "reliable source" had big ears, a trunk, and was pink. :D

Then

First Post
Either way, we will know.
If it is 5e indeed we will say: "remember when Morrus..."
If it is something else but still important, then we will more or less say the same.
If it is nothing of interest then, shrug...

One wonders if that is the most important piece of the equation.

xechnao

First Post
One wonders if that is the most important piece of the equation.
The way I put it, was in context of this thread discussions, along with the most plausible probabilities of what we think it is going on.

I take it that you mean it in a more general context, aka the news of a new edition would totally eclipse everything else.
And by your take, it means that what you consider most probable is an imminent announcement of 5e.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Never bought a single 4e book. Now it's on the chopping block. HA!

Look Ma!! A drive-by anti-4E post.

As I have said in other posts and threads, I think the advent of 5E will be when DDI is ready for 4E. 100% ready. 5E will be much stronger online, much stronger subscription, it just has to be. So why announce 5E and such when the 4E tools are not ready yet?

That is the main thing that puts 5E far int he future for me.

Of course a seamless melding from 4E into 5E is possible too, if they just adjust the tools that they create for 4E. That is a strong possibility, also.

Remove ads