• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cardboard Counters for minis?

pigames.net

Explorer
Disposable Heroes Paper Minis

Our Disposable Heroes Paper Minis can be downloaded as either stand-up figures or flat counters when you access the customization section on our website after purchase.

We also have a printed version in the works, including 640 figures. That's 4 duplicates of each figure in our fantasy sets: Heroes, Humanoids, Undead, Villains, and HARP(tm). I'm just waiting for our printer to get the correct paper stock for them. We'll likely be doing more printed sets as well.

We also now offer plastic stand-up bases for the minis, so you don't have to tape or glue them together. Just cut them out, make a single fold, and slip them into the bases. More info here.

Thanks for the kind words, greywulf!

Woas

First Post
Over on the WotC D&D page they have a picture gallery of D&D Minis. The galleries are of most of the sets, but I guess a couple of the most recent sets still are not up.

Anyway, I got a :):):):)-load of POGs from back in the day that just sit around. So I saved the image files from the gallery, did a quick photo cropping to grab the pictures that I wanted and printed them out at home. Then I cut out the image and glued/taped them onto POGs. Without touching them, POGs are big enough to work for a Large sized creature. With a little scissor work they can be shaved down to Medium and Small sized bases too.

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mix/gallery

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Ranes said:
I invested in a copy of Counter Collection Digital. It contains 1800 critter images and I can print out sheets containing the ones I need very easily. It's also cheap and quick to print them onto card and have the sheet laminated. The bonus is that they're also very easy to store and transport.
I get more use out of this product than all my other miniatures, combined. It's very useful for me; having the images on cd lets me size them appropriately (I use a lot of advanced monsters) and print as many as I want.

The look on the players' faces when I put down the colossal spider that i'd resized and printed was worth the price of admission alone.

I don't bother with cardstock; I just print 'em on good quality white paper, not the really flimsy stuff, and it works just fine.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I use a combination of plastic D&D minis, painted metal minis and Fiery Dragon counters in my game. When I don't have anything suitable (eg for a monster out of MM II, MM III, MM IV or Fiend Folio), I download the images from the Wizards site and make my own counters.

Thoroughly recommend Counter Collection digital!

Cheers

Richard

RichGreen

Adventurer
Klaus said:
If it's an undead, try looking into Counter Collection: Undead. You'll see some remarkably familiar faces... ;)

Ah, I have the Counter Collection supplement disc that I think includes the undead. Are there some looky-likeys on there? From which books?

Cheers

Richard

bottg

First Post
As someone mentioned above, we at Arion Games have a fairly large range (more than 1200 individual figures in 52 different sets) of paper miniatures covering Fantasy, Historical, SciFi and Modern genres. All of our figures are full colour, and can be assembled as Flat, A-Frame or triagonal depending on choice.

We have taken a modular approach to our releases, so you only need buy what you need. Running an underdark campaign? Buy dwarves, dark elves and humanoids. This minimises your cost whilst providing plenty of different figures for your games.

We have a full set available free here:

http://www.yourgamesnow.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=716

Get it, print it, and see what you think. In addition, we frequently turn customer suggestions and requests into commercial sets or freebies.

Graham
Arion Games
www.arion-games.com

Ron

Explorer
In the only occasion I played with a battle map, we used counters. It feels more confortable than minis if you have a background in wargaming and it is definitely the way to go if you have to carry them anywhere. Minis are nice but bulky.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads