Cartography - Why the focus on Renaissance?

Now you're onto something perhaps never done (or at least admitted to). Could this be... Fantasy...? ;) I did something along a similar design axis but thematically different and organizationally compressed due to size/scope. It became an (now unpublished) example of the breadth of what i call the application of the RPG Engine (IOW, applied imagination). I have felt for quite some time that we need more matter in this hobby of the type that you suggest.
Im going to start signifficantly working on this over the holidays. To do it well this is clearly going to take a few years. But i really like this idea. Im glad someone else has also thought similarly. Thankyou for the encouragement btw. I think i wanna do it full size with all the major branches. For organizational purposes im going to have to build a 3d model of it. Good thing i have a garage. Garages are definitely for d&d projects. My car will live lol. 😹

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Im going to start signifficantly working on this over the holidays. To do it well this is clearly going to take a few years. But i really like this idea. Im glad someone else has also thought similarly. Thankyou for the encouragement btw. I think i wanna do it full size with all the major branches. For organizational purposes im going to have to build a 3d model of it. Good thing i have a garage. Garages are definitely for d&d projects. My car will live lol. 😹

just beware of Cenobites and Non-Euclidean Geometries \

I whole heartedly agree. I (all of us) own my (our) brain and i choose to share my ideas with whoever i wish. I choose to think of ideas about whatever i wish. Screw the snowflakes.
If Jim Ward and I had had to think about such nonsense (as now exits among a vocal minority) Gods Demi-Gods and Heroes would have never been born. Not getting political/cultural here, just supporting creativity and good design should be the measure only and then let the real "critics" sort it out if need be. Good luck!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
If Jim Ward and I had had to think about such nonsense (as now exits among a vocal minority) Gods Demi-Gods and Heroes would have never been born. Not getting political/cultural here, just supporting creativity and good design should be the measure only and then let the real "critics" sort it out if need be. Good luck!
Short off topic note: Basically there are people who have simultaneously abused and insulted others in bigoted fashions over stereotypes (which is the actual bad behavior) while simultaneously or sequentially adopting and being inspired by the flavors and colors of the cultures (nothing wrong with the later element really) which they are then treating badly . There are also people who faux adopt in-order to mock (also bad behavior). And there are people who seem to fail to differentiate innocuous or even positive from the malign and others who just say be careful.

Last edited:

Remove ads