• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Catastrophe!

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: That sucks. Hope everything is OK.

Seeing Ignatz swarmed by the Kruthik, Corragan rushes forward to help. As Ignatz falls to the creatures, Corragan knows he can safely call on the winds and stone to wreak havoc in the area, his ally sheltered by the creatures. He slams his staff to the ground, calling winds and stone to buffet the creatures, before howling with rage, redoubling it's strength.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to W53
Standard: Grasping Tides, centered on Q45

If at least 3 Kruthik survive around Q45: Action Point: Grasping Tides, centered on Q45 again.
If either attack on R44 (Swarm) misses, use Elven Accuracy to reroll the attack.

SUMMARY OF ATTACKS:
vs. P45: Fort 12, 26
vs. P46: Fort 18, 13
vs. Q44: Fort 20, 23
vs. Q46: Fort 23, 9 (auto-miss)
vs. R44: Fort 20, 22 (Elven accuracy if either misses)
vs. R45: Fort 18, 25.

Each hit deals 10 damage and gives me an attack if they try and leave the squares around Q45: +8 vs. Reflex or knock them prone. This may mean 2 attacks vs some of the Kruthik.
[/sblock]

OOC: If you'd didn't mind waiting for Dina, I was going to give you a damage boost before you spent your AP.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: @Medina : Does Corragan have a climb-speed or some other effect that allows him to ignore difficult terrain? All of the squares filled with rocks between you and W53 are difficult terrain, which means it would have taken you a double-move to reach that square.

OOC:
@CrimsonFlameWielder Sorry, didn't realise it was difficult terrain. I'll just move to T55 instead through 2 squares of difficult terrain with his move of 8, so the Grasping Tides are just in range. I'll edit my original post to reflect the different end square

@Son of Meepo Happy to have a damage boost before Corragan's turn, I just wanted to get in before we healed Ignatz

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina prepares Corragan for a directed assault against the kruthik horde. Vaulting the rocks, she puts her back up against a wall setting her spear against an oncoming attack.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Adaptive Stratagem (Corragan gains a +5 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of Dina's next turn.)
Move: Running Jump to R58. Athletics (1d20+2=21)
Standard: Ready a Magic Weapon if an enemy comes within reach of Dina's longspear (2 squares).[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina's Stats]Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 3
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 16 AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 17, Will 18 HP 38/39, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 5/7 Speed 6, Initiative +3 Action Points: 0, Second Wind [] At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon, Commander's Strike Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [x], Phantasmal Henchman [], Phantasmal Henchman Attack [], Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [], Use Vulnerability [], Curative Admixture [], Inspiring Word [], Adaptive Stratagem [x] Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [], Philosopher's Crown [x] [/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=6682244]Medina[/MENTION]: Probably just an oversight, but you forgot to roll your attack roll(s) against Q45 (Ignatz). Because Grasping Tide targets all creatures in the burst, Ignatz would be targeted as well, and since he is unconscious and helpless, he has a -5 to all defenses and grants combat advantage.

Because you were likely unaware of this (or forgot about it), and because the attack(s) would both benefit from Dina's Adaptive Stratagem (meaning that any single hit against Ignatz will kill his character), I will allow you to change your actions if you would like. Or, if Dina and Corragan don't mind putting him down (since his player is gone), feel free to roll your attacks against Ignatz. As soon as I get your decision (and attack rolls, if applicable to your decision), I'll go ahead and give you guys an update with the results of Corragan, Boris (*snicker*), and Dina's results.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: @Medina : Probably just an oversight, but you forgot to roll your attack roll(s) against Q45 (Ignatz). Because Grasping Tide targets all creatures in the burst, Ignatz would be targeted as well, and since he is unconscious and helpless, he has a -5 to all defenses and grants combat advantage.

Because you were likely unaware of this (or forgot about it), and because the attack(s) would both benefit from Dina's Adaptive Stratagem (meaning that any single hit against Ignatz will kill his character), I will allow you to change your actions if you would like. Or, if Dina and Corragan don't mind putting him down (since his player is gone), feel free to roll your attacks against Ignatz. As soon as I get your decision (and attack rolls, if applicable to your decision), I'll go ahead and give you guys an update with the results of Corragan, Boris (*snicker*), and Dina's results.

OOC: Any thoughts guys? I'm inclined to try not to kill Ignatz, and could move the burst to still hit 3 of them, or we could let Sha'kar toss him a heal before my bursts, which might only knock him back to unconciousness?

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Any thoughts guys? I'm inclined to try not to kill Ignatz, and could move the burst to still hit 3 of them, or we could let Sha'kar toss him a heal before my bursts, which might only knock him back to unconciousness?

OOC: When you attacked after he announced his leaving, I thought we were just considering him dead. If we don't want to do that, then we can reorder our turns to have Sha'kar heal him, but if you bomb the area twice it may not matter, depending on how you roll.

OOC: I'll just need a post from each of you with your decision so that I know what actions are /official/ and can post an update after that has happened. Sorry to give you guys such a difficult situation and decision! *tiny evil DM chuckle, laced slightly with a tinge of pitty*

Remove ads