• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cave of the spiders - Newbie PbP GM

Ranger Rick

First Post
OOC: action for the next round.

Seeing the spider expire, Donnybrook shifts his aim toward the ettercap as he takes a bead on the creature who is making him dodge and weave the flinging webs like a drunken sailor on leave.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ooc: Next round... I'm not sure how far the dude is.

Girble moves foward to get a better shot at the "Ettercap" with his crossbow. +7 attack, 1d6 damage

JimAde

First Post
Donnybrook and Girble let loose with a hail of arrows at the ettercap. The creature totters and staggers for a moment before it drops to the cave floor with a long groaning hiss.

[sblock]Donnybrook's attack rolls: 20! roll to confirm is only a 6, but with his bonuses that's enough. Damage 2d8 + 4 = 16. Second roll 17 + 12 = 29, hit. Damage 1d8+2 = 5, last roll 5 + 7 = 12, miss. Girble's crossbow attack roll: 14 + 7 = 21, hit. Damage roll 6. Total damage dealt 27. It goes down.[/sblock]

Just did actions for those who posted, and it was enough anyway (barely :)). We'll give the others the week-end to chime in.

JimAde

First Post
The ettercap's form is rent to gory chunks by the hail of magical force launched by Lucas and Ery. All is quiet in the cavern, for the moment.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
"Phew." Girble reloads his crossbow. "Should we go down now?"
Turning to Girble "I think we should wait here, obviously we've lost the element of surprise anyway, that would then give me enough time to scout out the rest of the area, and find the quickest path to the prisioners"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ery nods, winks and smiles at Lucas but moves cautiously into the cavern entrance, keeping to the shadows and moving as quietly as she can. She is only intending on scouting a little way and wants to get herself into a position where she will be behind any enemies that attack her friends so she can surprise them from behind "I won't go far" she silently mouths to Lucas.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Girble nods, "Well, that suits me." He points his crossbow around, making sure no unexpected attack comes.

Remove ads