• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cave of the spiders - Newbie PbP GM

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Girble looks worriedly at the dwarf, "We've had quite a few ... um... 'ideas' today. I could just drop a column of flame on them. Pretty simple."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Ferrix said:
Sirius growls to Lucas, "you got one of them feather fall spells in yer head? I got an idea." The dwarf grins with his patently crazy smile.
"No, but I've enchanted my boots to allow me to levitate up and down, if you like I can create some magical light on our foes, we can then pick then off from a distance"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grimacing in pain Ery pokes her head above cover and waves the wand of magic missiles in the hope that it'll go off and hit one of her assailants before she ducks her head back below the level of the cover and scurries to a new hidey hole hoping to avoid a repeat blast of webs.

Jdvn1

"Well, we'll try it with picking them off, them. I'm just afraid to use a lot of resources on those two guys." Girble moves for cover and gets his crossbow ready.

[sblock]Dkwd Light Crossbow Attack: +7, Damage: 1d6, Crit: 19-20x2[/sblock]

JimAde

First Post
Girble, Sirius, Donnybrook and Lucas move forward, seeking a place to attack their enemies while keeping themselves safe. Hiding might be difficult for the now-enlarged Sirius and Donnybrook. Sirius readies his longbow as he lumbers forward, and Girble does the same with his crossbow. Lucas dashes for cover as well, then levels his wand at the dimly-seen figures. Eldritch force again springs from the wand, unerringly seeking one of the creatures. It shrieks in pain, but returns his attack with one of its own. The monster's bolts slam into Lucas painfully.
[sblock]Lucas' magic missile damage roll: 3+3+3+1+4 = 14 + 5 = 19 damage to the creature.[/sblock]
Monster's Magic Missile does 7 damage to Lucas

Ery switches wands and manages to wring a cure out of this one.

Wand cures 5 points, still 2 HP damage remaining.

The uninjured creature again throws a web, this time aiming for Lucas. The webs rain down on the wizard, and though he has a large stalagmite between him and the creatures, he suddenly finds himself stuck fast to it.

Lucas is Entangled and cannot move from the spot. Escape Artist or Strength check to escape, or you can attack the web with a dagger or something. Spell casting requires a Concentration check while entangled.

Finally Donnybrook moves into position and lets fly with an arrow at the injured spellcasting creature. The arrow catches it squarely through the spot where its throat ought to be and it falls silently behind the low wall.
[sblock]Attack roll 7+14=21 Hit. Damage 3+2=5[/sblock]

New round. Everyone has cover (+4AC) vs. the remaining creature, but it also has cover vs. you. Sirius and Girble are all set with their ranged weapons now and everyone can get off full attacks as appropriate.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Seeing the magic Missle approach Lucas can't help but grin as his Brooch of Shielding absorbs the missles damage That certainly was worth the effort of crafting it Lucas's expresion changed somewhat when the web traps him next to the stalagtite.

Taking aim with his trusty wand Lucas unleashes another barrage of magic missles upon the spellcasting spider

OOC: I've amended my character sheet accordingly to take into account the MM damage and the use of another charge of my wand. :D

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ery quickly draws her wand of magic missiles, peeks over her cover, points and attempts to hit the creature with a burst of missiles.

OOC: Quick draw and fire UMD +10

Jdvn1

Girble moves slightly so that he cannot be hit at all, pulls a strand of beads out of his shirt, and concentrates for a bit.

Using my Bead of Blessing from my Lesser Strand of Prayer Beads to cast Bless

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads