• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CG vs. LE

fusangite

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
What about Desperate Housewives, what are the alignments in there?
Sadly, this is one of the signs of how problematic the D&D alignment system is. There is a fundamental conflict but the D&D alignment system does not model it.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
fusangite said:
Buffy - Season 1: NG vs. NE
Buffy - Season 2: NG vs. CE
Buffy - Season 3: NG vs. LE
Buffy - Season 4: NG vs. LE
Buffy - Season 5: NG vs. CE
Buffy - Season 6: NG vs. CN
Buffy - Season 7: NG vs. NE

I'd argue that Buffy goes from CG (Season 1) to Exalted LG (end of the Glory season).

-- N

elvnsword

First Post
Star Trek NG

I disagre with the above post regarding ST:NG, the Federation while codified with law, is in esscense NG, as almost all Captains have the ability to bypass said law when neccasary. The Cardassians are an example of Extreme LE, Klingons (old) are CE/NE/LE and the New Klingon Empire is all variations on Neutral. The Romulans are LE, and the Borg LN. (The reason they are neutral is becuase tothem what they are doing is not evil, they are trying to spread a better standard of living so to speak). Ferengi are the ultimate example of CN profitiers.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Quasqueton said:
A really weird concept struck me this morning, prompted by reading about the upcoming Dukes of Hazzard movie. Thinking back on the TV show, I now realize that it was all about Chaotic Good vs. Lawful Evil.

Chaotic Good - the Dukes.

Lawful Evil - Boss Hogg and Sheriff Coletrain.

I hope that the next edition of D&D has under the Alignment section (if Alignment still exists ;)):

Chaotic Good - These are just Good old boys, never meaning no harm. It beats all you never saw, they've been in trouble with the law since they day they were born. Making their way the only way they know how, but that's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

Klaus

First Post
fusangite said:
Sadly, this is one of the signs of how problematic the D&D alignment system is. There is a fundamental conflict but the D&D alignment system does not model it.
One doesn't need differing alignments to have conflict.

From the little I've seen on that show (a couple of scenes while switching channels), the Desperate Housewives seem like N people, forced to act as LN, but with some CN brimming underneath, trying to get out.

In d20 Modern terms, they don't seem specially allied with order, chaos, good or evil. Possibly they have allegiances to each other and to each of their families.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Gez said:
The Smurfs vs. Gargamel:

LN (good tendancies) vs. CE.

:lol:

Strike that, reverse it. Anybody who is trying to free the world from those cianotic creatures that live in poison mushrooms has got to be one of the good guys!

The Auld Grump

How about the Blues Brothers or Smokey and The bandit.

Blues Brothers CG or CN(G) vs. the Illinois police LN and the Illinois Nazi Party LE (Nazis are evil and want to rule the world, right)

"Bandit" CG or CN (G) vs. Sheriff Beuford T. Justice LE (mean, fat racist cop whom abuses his authority) and Junior LG or NG (loves his father, but dosen't understand why his father hates the Bandit, a little dense too)

"Snowman" CG or NG(CG) vs. Sheriff Justice LE and his son Junior LG or NG

"Frog" NG vs. Sheriff Justice LE and his son Junior LG or NG

"Glenda the Good Witch" CG vs. Sheriff Justice LE and his son Junior LG or NG

"Foxy Lady" CN vs. every cop in Texas and Arkansas any L

Every trucker in the movie any C but CE vs. Sheriff Justice LE and his son Junior LG or NG

Or this,

The Brain LG or LN(G) vs. all world governments alignment any, level of intelligence minimal :lol:

Pinky CN(G) and dense vs. all world governments alignment any, level of intelligence minimal

The scientists CN, N, LN and dense vs. The Brain LG or LN(G)

Eloise CG vs. the hotel manegment LG or LN :D

Try these on for size, ok.

Last edited:

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Invader Zim: LE vs. CG

GI Joe: LG vs. CN (Cobra never actually hurts anyone, so they can't possibly be evil...)

Transformers: LG vs. LE

Godzilla vs. Mothra: CN vs. CN

Andy Capp: CN vs. LN

No Name

First Post
Lexx

The Lexx - N

Kai - LN

Zev - N

Xev - NG

Stanley H. Tweedle - CN with evil tendencies (he's very selfish)

790 - NE

I'm still not sure if 790 is NE or CE. He only cares for himself and the one person he loves, and he will go out of his way to kill anyone who he perceives as a threat. But 790 doesn't have that chaotic twinge (or whatever) that Stan does.

Almost everyone else in the episodes, with a few notable exceptions, falls under the evil category.

Remove ads