CG's Dragon of Icespire Peak [IC]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
It's rather late when you enter the inn. There are only a few customers, some slightly rough looking gentlemen with what looks like some mining equipment next to them. The barkeep has a friendly expression which turns to a slight frown as he sees Fitz.

Bella steps in front of Fitz. "Good evenig, good sir. I'm looking to rent a room. Maybe get some grub if you're still serving. But first a brew would be wonderful. Do you have a room?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sythaeryn seems to be eying the town as they walk through it. Almost as if he's looking for an enemy to fight. He seems yo frown at some odd things and is less annoyed by others. Though he seems more impressed whenever he spies a home whose owners seem to have let their vegetation run mire rampant than others, and less with homes who spend more time manicuring their yards. Now, he looks aroung the room and moves towards a table near the hearth.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Barkeep, a round for the house!" called Fitz, "I'm buying. An' I'll be clearing me tab, to boot."

After paying what he owed, he moved over to the local miners' table and asked while flashing a big smile, "And how are you gents on such a fine day?"

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"We've got plenty of room for all of you, but based on who you are associating with I'm gonna ask for cash up front." After Fitz offers to pay his bill, the barkeep softens.

"Well that changes things a bit!" the barkeep says.

The miner's greet Fitz, "Things are a bit slim for us, a lot of stuff happening out there, making us a little wary about going back to our camp." "Once again, the orcs have come down from the mountains to prey on the lowlands! If Neverwinter doesn’t send help soon, the orcs will overrun Phandalin and destroy everything we’ve worked so hard to rebuild. "

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Well, that sound right terrible." said Fitz sympathetically. He never liked an orc - they were no fun at all. He was beginning to form an idea - his new allies appeared to have a myriad of skills and bard's tales told that there could be a lot of money in adventuring. This was the kind of math that Fitz could do, and he was slowly putting a plan together. He asked the miners if the town had offered up any bounties and then went to join his allies at a table.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Aha!" said Fitz, and headed with his second drink to speak with his new allies, "Hey, mates, we made quite the team back there with the goblins. There's work t'be had here in Phandalin, if we've a mind to. Whadayasay, folks? Would ya like t'go into the adventuring business? We could take odd-jobs, like, an' be the toast of the town. Whadayasay, eh? Does ol'Fitz have a plan, or does he have a plan?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ulrik was starting to like this Fitz fellow: ''I'm in if it involves bashing goblins or the likes of goblins, and we get to celebrate with ale at the end of the day'' With that, he raises his cup ''Cheers companions!'' and downs it, letting a jovial belch escape his throat.

Last edited:

"I'm not sure what we could do against orcs in numbers large enough to overrun the town," she says sympathetically to the miners. "My recent companions seem a bit gung ho after a single victory."

Bella sits down and enjoys a drink and a good hot meal with the others. "I don't know about a just running out and bashing stuff. But a job that'll bring in real coin, preferably one that wouldn't involve getting killed. That would interest me. No reward without risk, I know. But foolish risk for paltry sums of money is for fools."

Remove ads