log in or register to remove this ad

 

CG's Dragon of Icespire Peak [IC]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sythaeryn looks at the creature with a confused look. He'd never seen the like before. Still, that poor woman was in danger so he strode forward, loading his sling and fired off a stone to attempt to dissuade it.

Nature: 1d20+1 7

Sling: 2d20l1+5 11 1d4+3 5
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Fitz scattered, moving as far away from his friends as he could manage. He didn't know much about dragons, but he knew that some of them breathed fire, and he figured that it was best not to bunch-up in that case. He had strung his bow as they began to approach the hills, and he fired an arrow at the creature to see what would happen. He hoped it wouldn't lead to his fiery death. Of course, it was a white dragon. Didn't that mean ice somehow? How does a creature breath ice? Isn't it too chunky? Also, this creature didn't seem to be white at all.

 
Last edited:


Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Bella's blast nicks the creature but, it seems to ignore the jolt. She sees a clump of shrubbery and attempts to hide.
Sythaeryn and Ulrik's attacks both completely miss but FItz's arrow slams scores a hit across the creature's haunch.

The creature leaps into the air, growling,"More meat!" as it flies towards the party. It shoots a volley of spikes from its tail, aiming at Fitz, Ulrik, and Sythaeryn. Luckily none of the spikes find their targets.

You can clearly see now the creature's humanlike face, and recognize the creature from tales as a manticore.

The manticore is in the air, 20 feet up, approximately 60 feet from Ulrik, 90 feet from the rest of you.
What do you do now?

Stats:
Manticore [8 hp down]
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sythaeryn dodges a spike and moves closer, swinging a bit to the side to spread out from the others. He still wasn't in optimal range, but he fired off another sling stone just the same.

Sling: 2d20l1+5 12 1d4+3 7[/OOC]
 



Steve Gorak

Explorer
Ulrik moves forward, and throws yet another one at the beast, but misses again I need to practice my throws, I am making a fool of myself! he thinks to himself, as he notes where his javelins fell. He also rejoices at the thought that he will soon batteling the creature in melee. ''Come and face me you coward'' He screams defiantly.

OOC: move: 30 feet towards the creature
Action: attack with javelin, attack 12, damage 8
Bonus action: none
Rage (1/2) round 2
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sythaeryn had been keeping up with Ulrik pretty well and now he was within range to use his magic, plucking a sprig of mistletoe from his armor, he called out to the Ulrik.

"Be strong friend, we're here to help!"

Then he whips out with his free hand as if cracking a whip, as he does so, a thick thorny vine flungs out from his hand towards the manticore, threatening to drag it closer to the rest of the party.

Sythaeryn's moved up every turn so far, there's no way he's 90' behind Ulrik.

Moving to get into range (if not already).
Thorn Whip(10 ft pull on hit.): 1d20+4 8 1d6 3
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
OOC: Correction: Sythaeryn is 30 ft from the creature and Ulrik. Bella and Fitz, are about 30 ft. from each other, 90 or so feet from the melee.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"I don't understand how I can miss such a large creature," Bella laments as she tries yet again to blast the manticore and misses wildly. She slips forward 25 feet to another place to hide.

Eldritch Blast: 1d20+5 9 1d10 4 (unbelievable)
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Ulrik rejoices in the exquisite pain the beast inflicted upon him, having accepted his challenge. He laughs out loud, as he leaps for its neck.

OOC: move: 10 feet to reach the beast
action: grapple, str check (advantage because of rage): 22

Edit: note that I am doing this to spice things up. The next round will be a shove prone if the grapple is successful & at least the beast wont't be able to fly away if this works.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Ulrik grabs onto the beast, preventing it from moving.

The savage monstrosity tears into the barbarian in retaliation, with a vicious bite to the shoulder and a claw swipe down the leg. Ulrik is in poor shape, (2/15 hp) but still holds on.

Sythaeryn is within 30 feet of the melee, Bella and Fitz about 60.

 

Fitz winced. That is more how he expected someone to be mauled by a manticore. He was no hero, but he felt responsible for convincing everyone to go adventuring with him, so he ran forward yelling, "Hang in there, mate, I'm comin' ta help ya!"

As he ran, he fired his bow again, now at closer range, and with the creature held, his arrow bit deep.

 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC: FYI, @Chairwoman Gene, I've been compulsively rolling the next round's shove checks on coyote code to get a sense of Ulrik's odds. Once everyone has acted, I'll roll the ''real'' roll. CG, I just wanted to give you a head's up, as to not be accused of cheating (note the timestamps, and as difficult as it is, I'll stop now ;-)
 




Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top