Changing Dieties: New Domains?

Zerovoid

First Post
If a cleric changes his diety, should they choose new domains appropriate to the new god's portfolio? What happens to feats and skillpoints that they got from the old domains. Can they choose any two new domains from their new patron's portfolio, or can they only replace old domains that became invalid.

graydoom

First Post
Anything that makes a cleric change his god has to really change the cleric. Clerics wouldn't change gods just on a whim. I would rule that the character could choose entirely new domains from his new deity's portfolio. After all, the reason he changed gods may have been because he, the cleric, changed drastically.
So I would have the cleric re-choose domains entirely. If the cleric switched to a similar god and didn't change much, he could change only one domain if he wanted. If he had an epiphany and changed everything, he could choose entirely different domains. Whatever fits the situation and the individual cleric, really.

Jaligard

First Post
You would lose feats granted by a domain power (such as Martial Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus from the War domain) and would be unable to use any feat which relied on one of these feats as a prerequisite (if you had 4 levels of Fighter and got Weapon Specialization, you'd have to relearn Weapon Focus to use the Specialization).

You would not lose skill points spent in skills that had been granted as class skills (such as Bluff, Disguise, and Hide from the the Trickery domain), but these skills would no longer be considered class skills, and you could further them only at 1/2 per level from that point on.

That's the way I'd run it.

Azger

First Post
I would force them to go on a quest for the new diety to prove their loyalty. Why would any diety grant powers to someone who just changes his faith suddenly... Also I would incur the wrath of the original diety depending on what the situation was...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases