Changing Thread Titles - Mods or Admins please look

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've fixed the thread titles, at least; you can now edit your own titles.

In addition, I have eliminated the ability of members to delete their own posts. Someone try, please, and confirm that it's now turned off.

I'll tackle images next, followed by html worries.

graydoom

First Post
Piratecat said:
I've fixed the thread titles, at least; you can now edit your own titles.

In addition, I have eliminated the ability of members to delete their own posts. Someone try, please, and confirm that it's now turned off.

I'll tackle images next, followed by html worries.

Thanks PC! Oh, and BTW, deleting posts does seem to be impossible now.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Heh. i knew if I just sat back and let the experts at it that all would work as I wanted it ;)

(you guys are experts right? I mean about 12-18th level maxed out Profession (computer message board fixer-upper) skills and all? :D)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Holy Bovine said:
(you guys are experts right? I mean about 12-18th level maxed out Profession (computer message board fixer-upper) skills and all? :D)
Actually, our most scientific methods usually consist of hitting random keys and praying a lot...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
omokage said:
OK, why is it that you want to disable the ability to delete your own posts??

We'd rather not have people posting extremely offensive subjects, deleting their posts, and removing all trace of their action. Sure, now they can still edit it, but the post remains.

As a result, deleting remains a moderator action only, as it always has been.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
graydoom said:
I think I have Profession (Complaing to the mods until something happens) maxed out....
Yeah, but do be careful with it; you can never know what will happen. :D

Remove ads