Character Level Up Approvals

FrancisJohn

Explorer
I think some of the fixes will save some time down the line. I think it's pretty important to copy and paste a new set of level up changes every time you level.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
darn, i meant to clarify fighter feat. my bad. sorry [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] and [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]

alright [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], this is what I have for Zinnelis:

Things I fixed:
1. I fixed a missing an HP. 11 + 9 = 20!
2. Doesn't matter at all really, but your arcane spell failure chance is 10% for the leather armor
3. Took out the section instructions to clean it up
4. Played with weapon, skill, and equipment formatting

Things you need to do:
1. Look at the gold total section, it's tough to do mid-adventure. Not sure what judges would say about totals and whatnot.
2. I think you need to take an extra language due to a rank in linguistics?

Things I like:
1. I liked that you keep his location updated. Underbridge ftw!
2. How you organize your character knowledge

1. Thanks for catching that. Bah! Math! :D
2. Added the spell failure chance, though never casting arcane spells, so...
3. Thanks
4. Yeah, formatting is tough :p

1. I think I fixed the gold totals. Or should I be adding the gold earned so far in the adventure? Wasn't sure if that was mine yet or not, so didn't put it in there.
2. You're right. I had taken it on my personal CS and forgotten to update it there. Thanks for catching that.

1. Underbridge! :D
2. Thanks. Just like math, show your work! :p

Hope it's ready to be approved now.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm willing to allow non-judges to approve level ups as well (for DMC, absolutely!). I agree with the Wisdom of Aura - level ups are tricky, and should require some judge oversight.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], I suppose level ups mid adventure are a bit trickier than in between. I think to create a unity of the equipment, here we need to pick one of two paths....

1. Update everything non-equipment related to level 2. Keep track of everything bought/acquired/used separately in your ministats in the game.

2. Update your character sheet to reflect every item transaction so far, what you've received/used/bought.

The reasons for this is that your finances sections doesn't match your equipment section. We need to make them play nice with each other. I'm not sure which of the above mentioned methods is best, or more commonly used, or what should definitely be used. Judges?

Personally, playing with the equipment numbers and keeping track of it is my least favorite part of gaming. But my opinion is irrelevant, and nonetheless it is vitally important and must not be mismanaged.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I used to use option 2 all the time but have recently shifted more and more to option 1 for my own characters. It's probably simpler in the long run, especially since it is nearly impossible to get an accurate equipment/finances section with a mid-adventure level-up when I haven't given full gold totals yet. FYI, approximate payout received/earned so far is 1110 gp for Zinnelis, if you choose to go with option 2. This obviously isn't enough to equal some of the equipment Z has been using so it's okay to let it slide until the adventure is over, all numbers are added, new shopping is finished, and we can do a complete equipment/finances check then.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], I suppose level ups mid adventure are a bit trickier than in between. I think to create a unity of the equipment, here we need to pick one of two paths....

1. Update everything non-equipment related to level 2. Keep track of everything bought/acquired/used separately in your ministats in the game.

2. Update your character sheet to reflect every item transaction so far, what you've received/used/bought.

The reasons for this is that your finances sections doesn't match your equipment section. We need to make them play nice with each other. I'm not sure which of the above mentioned methods is best, or more commonly used, or what should definitely be used. Judges?

Personally, playing with the equipment numbers and keeping track of it is my least favorite part of gaming. But my opinion is irrelevant, and nonetheless it is vitally important and must not be mismanaged.

Well, I went through it again and re-totaled some things, but I don't know if I made it worse. I don't know where the discrepancy is coming from. It isn't like I've bought a whole lot at level 1. Didn't have the gold. Even had to borrow gold for the horse and gear. Not sure how to fix it. *sigh* Is this Dungeons and Dragons or Actuaries and Accountants? :p

If it helps:
Autumn lent me the money for: Light horse, bit and bridle, riding saddle, saddlebags (I have noted I owe her 95 g after the adventure)
Bought: Feed and rations for 4 days (can't remember if that was my own or more from Autumn. I think my own)
Bought from first 150 adventure gold: Wand of Cure Light Wounds 10 charges
Received from adventure (temporarily?): Efficient Quiver, cold iron arrows x55

And that should be it, I believe.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
This is my review for Levanna:

Things I did:
Overall formatting
Updated your experience at the top, but end of adventure stuff.
Change of BAB from 0 to +1
Some of the skill heading math
Moved your description to near the top

Things for you to do:
Pick where your 2 FC points go: I didn't seem them anywhere. HP or skill ranks!
Don't forget you can prepare an additional cantrip (4)

Things to think about:
Picking a deity and updating your links to "First Seen" and "Current Location"

***All things considered, I feel confident approving you once you pick where your 2 FC points go!

Good job! @BlueLotus

PS - I still really like your picture!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases