Character Narratives Preview from PRIMEVAL THULE

Here's another preview of the Primeval Thule campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition coming from Sasquatch Games. I already showed you the table of contents and the beastman warrior. This time it's one of the nineteen character narratives from the setting. "In 5e, narratives can be taken as an alternative to backgrounds. Narratives provide a small list of benefits thematically linked to the story and flavor of the specific narrative. At first level these features include skill training and usually a signature ability that provides a small combat benefit. As the character increases in level, additional benefits become available, reflecting a rise in stature or notoriety. At higher levels a narrative might grant an income, a title, or even followers!" (thanks to Fabrício for the scoop!)

For the original announcement, click here.

narrative-preview-p1.jpg

narrative-preview-p2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
How do you pronounce Thule? All I got is tool and a primeval tool makes me think of a basic tool or basic d-bag.

[MENTION=55961]goldomark[/MENTION] @Desalus [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION] "Thule" sounds weird...but not any weirder than "Krynn" or "Oerth" or "Eberron" to me (and I love Eberron). It's just a strange set of sounds for my English tongue, and I'm not used to it yet. Looks like a cool setting though; I'll kick that starter.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
Combat related abilities from character backgrounds is an interesting concept. I wonder if this will make some class narrative combinations incompatible, such as if the narrative augments spellcasting in some way. The key identities don't appear to be a requirement as the blurb does mention that some corsairs are spellcasters (though it is rare). Overall though, I like how they go farther than the typical 5e backgrounds and make a character's past more relevant.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@goldomark @Desalus @steeldragons "Thule" sounds weird...but not any weirder than "Krynn" or "Oerth" or "Eberron" to me (and I love Eberron). It's just a strange set of sounds for my English tongue, and I'm not used to it yet. Looks like a cool setting though; I'll kick that starter.

You think that's bad - there's a land to the North of me which I think was founded by a guy called Scot, because he called it Scot Land. No imagination, that man.

ChapolimX

Explorer
From the article:

This time it's five of the nineteen character narratives from the setting.

Well, actually the Golden Sea Corsair is just one of the nineteen narratives, it comes with 3 variants: the Golden Sea Brother, the Thousand Teeth Raider and the Umni Sea-Wolves. Also, there is a bit of the Guardian of the Nine at the end of the second page.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases