• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

TillForPie

First Post
I hope this is the right place! Here is my new (and first for LPF) character, Abramac.

Edit: Francis John IV's sheet is superbly formatted! I'll have to steal the layout.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Greetings, Tillforpie. Welcome to LPF, and thank you for the submission of your character. One of us will gt to the review and inspection very soon. I am headed back to bed for more sleep, but will try and get to the non judge review today.

at first glance:

I would like to recommend rethinking th4e ability scores. you have 3 negative modifiers there and that may not give to much surviveability

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
I hope this is the right place! Here is my new (and first for LPF) character, Abramac.

Edit: Francis John IV's sheet is superbly formatted! I'll have to steal the layout.

Hey welcome to LPF! This is my first non-judge character review, so you get to be the guinea pig. Sorry Scott, I think I beat you to this one! So here is the punchlist:

1. I think you might have an extra language. 2 Race, 1 Region, 5 INT. I counted 9 instead.
2. Maybe add the dagger range somewhere.
3. Maybe add DC to spells because the spell focus feat changes a few.
4. A masterwork backpack is a good stopgap until we can all afford the handyhaversack. You have the gold, so maybe its worth a look.
5. I like your background, but you can always add more details!
6. Maybe consider changing your background status to open? It allows the GM to use bits of your character's history in the game. I've found it really draws you in as a player.
7. Add the mention that you picked the Foresight school, and what your opposition schools are. I didn't seem them.
8. Maybe get rid of the instructions under the headings?
9. I believe that some of the traits under Ultimate Campaign are not all approved, but I might be wrong. I've always ended up limiting myself to those found in the APG, and ignoring the campaign section.
10. Remember to keep in mind to update the First Seen and Location once gameplay starts.
11. I like keeping track of all the choices in the Level Up section for level 1 too, just as a handy point of reference.
12. I appreciate the compliments on my character sheet formatting. I spent a considerable amount of time on them, but figuring out the tabber was tricky at first. Feel free to steal as much as you want, and let me know if you have any questions.
13. Most important thing, Abramac (cool name) seems REALLY squishy. The low low DEX and CON and HP means he almost seems like he could fall with just one attack. To quote [MENTION=6747658]Aura[/MENTION], he might lose in fight to a house cat.

So current approval status: Not Yet

Aura

Explorer
Welcome to LPF, TillForPie. We'll be trying to get to your character ASAP. As noted, I classically recommend something less squishy, but do not require it. Coming off of having a Con 12 / d8 hit die ranged character torn down to -25 HP in two rounds just this last weekend in a live game, I am reminded of that message.

TillForPie

First Post
1. I think you might have an extra language. 2 Race, 1 Region, 5 INT. I counted 9 instead.
2. Maybe add the dagger range somewhere.
3. Maybe add DC to spells because the spell focus feat changes a few.
4. A masterwork backpack is a good stopgap until we can all afford the handyhaversack. You have the gold, so maybe its worth a look.
5. I like your background, but you can always add more details!
6. Maybe consider changing your background status to open? It allows the GM to use bits of your character's history in the game. I've found it really draws you in as a player.
7. Add the mention that you picked the Foresight school, and what your opposition schools are. I didn't seem them.
8. Maybe get rid of the instructions under the headings?
9. How can I check where a trait has come from? Both History of Heresy (one of Abramac's traits) and
10. Remember to keep in mind to update the First Seen and Location once gameplay starts.
11. I like keeping track of all the choices in the Level Up section for level 1 too, just as a handy point of reference.
12. I appreciate the compliments on my character sheet formatting. I spent a considerable amount of time on them, but figuring out the tabber was tricky at first. Feel free to steal as much as you want, and let me know if you have any questions.
13. Most important thing, Abramac (cool name) seems REALLY squishy. The low low DEX and CON and HP means he almost seems like he could fall with just one attack. To quote [MENTION=6747658]Aura[/MENTION], he might lose in fight to a house cat.

1.) Abramac has a rank in Linguistics, giving him a 9th language.
2.) Done!
3.) Noted the schools of each spell and the DCs of those spells effected by spell focus (it changed one: Flare).
4.) Sure.
5.) Added some more. I'll likely continue to develop this as I learn more about the world through playing in it.
6.) Sure.
7.) They're mentioned under "Divination School" in his class features, as are the consequences for preparing them. At the moment he doesn't know any spells from his opposition schools and I intend to keep it that way.
8.) I kept them because everyone else seemed to, but deleting them now!
9.) Are you referring to Unscathed? I can't actually find where that trait is from, now that I'm looking for it again. If at all possible I'd like to keep Unscathed. If it's ruled that I can't I'll switch it to Reactionary. I can't take two Faith traits, right? Because I'd also consider Sacred Touch if that was allowed.
10.) Roger that!
11.) I'll keep that in mind.
12.) OK, thank you. :)
13.) I'll definitely be putting thought into Abramac's squish. The Wisdom 16 isn't particularly important to the character (it made more sense to put points there than into Charisma), I'd just wanted to drive home what a shaky old man he is. I'll bounce around the idea of dropping Wisdom to 15 or 14 and increasing his Constitution. I was planning on relying on his decent Initiative bonus and his ability to act in every surprise round (thanks to Foresight) to keep from unavoidable death, but I'm taking yours and Aura's advice to heart. Though to be honest one or two more HP wouldn't save him from the kind of hit Aura took!

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Thanks for looking into all that. From my experience, the judges are rather convervative on character creation. I believe that is the right thing to do, and in this case the trait Unscathed wouldn't be allowed. That is from Ultimate Campaign and ties into the published Paizo campaign material. You also can't take two from a trait category, so Reactionary from the APG is a fine choice. Let me know what you decide about Wisdom/Con and I'll look it over again. ��

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads