• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
I'm going with a vanilla ranger. Also thank you for making those changes and the last approval.

I'll take the advice on the profession and changed it.

Thanks again Satin Knight and Systole for the approvals. I'll get him in the Dunn Wright Inn friday.

Quick question on Tor: Does he consider himself clanless now? Or is it that he just doesn't introduce himself with his clan name?

I can see there's a few things you picked up from Daylily's entry (which is fine and I'm flattered), but Jirago is a big place with lots of clans, so there's no guarantee that the culture is uniform from one end to the other. In other words, please don't feel completely bound by what's out there now. Especially seeing as most of what's out there now was invented by me with very little forethought or planning, usually for no better reason than to embarrass other players, generally while I was thoroughly inebriated.

blackwlf

First Post
Okay, so, if it wasn't obvious that I haven't been in a proper game in a while, it is now.

Needs to be fixed:
1. You need to specify whether your favored class bonus is +1 HP or +1 skill point.

Oops. Didn't realize I got that at first level.

Suggestions:
1. Dumpstatting Str is a brave choice. While ninjas get ki out of Charisma, I think you might find dropping Cha to 14 and redistributing those 5 extra points might serve you better.

Dropping Str can be tough, but I want the high Cha for bluff checks as well, for feint.

2. You don't have a ranged weapon. A sling or even some shurikens would be helpful. In the same vein, I think you could drop to the cheaper lockpicks and pick up some basic traveling equipment, like some rations, or maybe a crossbow.

As noted at the top, haven't played a proper adventure in a while. I sometimes forget that I can't eat lockpicks, and I can't just ignore eating. I think the last actual character I had was in 3.5, and an Elan, so I actually COULD ignore needing food. Changes made to equipment.

I was thinking about taking shuriken, but since they do 1 damage for a small creature, and I've got a -2 from strength, they would only do non-lethal damage unless I was getting sneak attack with them. Crossbow is probably a good idea though.

3. In your skill section, it's nice to break out bonuses like the +2 from the MWK lockpicks. And given you're Small, it might be nice to break out an Intimidate vs. medium creaures, which I think is at -4. Depends on how often you're planning on using it, I suppose.

I usually note situational modifiers separately, but I can list them on the skills list if it's preferred. I don't expect to use Intimidate all that much, but that might change. I had forgotten the -4 for size difference though. Going to move the point over to Survival instead, keep myself fed in the wild.

4. Goblin language stops being useful around level 2, maybe 3.

My other choices of language are basically Abyssal or Infernal, since I don't see the eastern languages listed for the Wayang starting choices being a lot of use. Tengu maybe? Never know, I might run into. . . an advanced bugbear?

Updates made, should be good now, I think.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Been doing some clean up. And hope you didn't mind that I added the pic. I remember seeing it once and found it again figured he made a good wayang.

I have a question and don't want to take over the thread but what do you see for your character at higher levels? Combat roles, what about RP development (did you want to start out one way, i.e. sneaky and involve into a different type of character?) - Other class dips? Best skill?

Please pm me if you have a minute.

HM

Systole

First Post
[MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] The original concept for Daylily was actually a short half-elf with a girly name who used a huge hammer because he was compensating for a bunch of things. But the more I thought about it, the more that guy just seemed like kind of a tool. So I decided that it was a lot funnier if he had all of those same traits, but he was actually proud of being an elf and having a girly name. I proposed Jirago just so I had an excuse to make that character.

blackwlf

First Post
Okay, there's going to be some changes incoming for Umralar. . . soon. Tomorrow evening, or possibly on the weekend (weekend for me being Friday-Saturday right now). After some suggestions from HM I'm probably going in a bit different direction.

Seven

First Post
Oops, you borked it. Now you are eight skills spent of the seven you have. Please revisit.

Derp derp, I fixed it.

Quick question on Tor: Does he consider himself clanless now? Or is it that he just doesn't introduce himself with his clan name?

I can see there's a few things you picked up from Daylily's entry (which is fine and I'm flattered), but Jirago is a big place with lots of clans, so there's no guarantee that the culture is uniform from one end to the other. In other words, please don't feel completely bound by what's out there now. Especially seeing as most of what's out there now was invented by me with very little forethought or planning, usually for no better reason than to embarrass other players, generally while I was thoroughly inebriated.

I wouldn't say clanless...more like he's having a blast and plans to return to Jirago one day in the future. As far as the clan name goes I couldn't think of one at the time and to honest I'm thinking of giving him a different name and change the background slightly

Yea I completely and without shame stole the soap thing from you. I read over Daylily several times and enjoy his background.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] The original concept for Daylily was actually a short half-elf with a girly name who used a huge hammer because he was compensating for a bunch of things. But the more I thought about it, the more that guy just seemed like kind of a tool. So I decided that it was a lot funnier if he had all of those same traits, but he was actually proud of being an elf and having a girly name. I proposed Jirago just so I had an excuse to make that character.

so you were sober when you came up with that!? j/k, I'm just funnin' you.!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Since I made you go back and re-think I wanted to help with your approval.

After doing some changes - weight and carrying capacity, and I bought your character some bolts (you may need them for the crossbow ;) ) I gave Umralar his first Approval

You should hop into the Dunn Wright to get into some RP with him.

HM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads