• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Psylence

First Post
Of course you can ask! But who said I have to answer? Psh! Questioning me... ;)

Seriously though, the reason I went with skill points instead of hit points. Frankly, I think it's more fitting in a way. He's not necessarily a sturdier person because of his upbringing, but he really has been exposed to a lot in his life. So, for me, it felt more accurate to make him a skilled person than giving him the hit point bonus. Plus, I think in the longer term, more skill points will be more fun to play with. It allows me to branch out just that much more into the wide world of skills.

2. Awesome! Thank you. :)

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Approval Pending...
1. Can I just ask why you opted to put your favored class bonus into skill points instead of your hit points? Thank you for answering this one... Now on to the others...

2. I went through the sheet and applied a special formatting that should make it easier to edit your sheet in the future as you won't necessarily have to go into the source editor all the time to edit your character sheet anymore.

3. I would personally remove the redundant feat descriptions (what you have listed as Class Auto, and Archetype Auto), unless you absolutely need those there in order to remind you of what they do...

4. Is a checkbook that huge absolutely necessary? I have a sample checkbook that I utilize in my character sheets. And while I don't keep track of every single purchase in it, it seems to do the job quite nicely. Afterall, keeping track of every single thing that you purchase over the course of 20 levels (possibly more if an epic level guide ever gets published) would be a monumental undertaking.

5. Finally I altered your quote in your characters background so that it is using the "Quote" formatting instead of the formatting you had been utilizing.

I still need to review the mechanics of the character, but so far other than the changes I suggested above, it looks like the character is going to get my approval.

Last edited:

Psylence

First Post
Well you're welcome. Just because it's fun to bold!

3. Yes, they're for my benefit as well as anyone else whom I might be playing an adventure with in the future. I just felt it was prudent to try and list the important parts in there. Less looking up = better in my opinion. Especially since, even on the best of days, I can forget some of the more mundane things.

4. Not at all. I just think that it's fun and, to be honest, I haven't found a great character sheet tracker yet. If you have a recommendation, that would be awesome. :)

5. Wonderful! Thank you, I'm still trying to learn some of the coding nuances to go with the wiki stuff. I really do appreciate everyone's help in that area.

Last edited:

Psylence

First Post
Fair enough. It's in place of a cloak from the explorer's outfit. It's why I specify that the outfit has no cloak, but that I still have something which works as one - being the coat. I figure it's, in a lot of ways, just a cosmetic difference.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads