• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Okay, Garadh is tentatively APPROVED pending a discussion of how cost of living should be implemented.

1. Reformatted some stuff. I'm sure SK will do a more through job later.
2. Added a pic. Feel free to change it out if you don't like it.
3. Found the one place you forgot to change +3 STR to +4 STR. Busted!

(Actually, I also forgot to change it for the Sling damage...)

Cool, thanks.

4. Changed your second language to Middle Landellian, which is the local language the next city over from Venza. You can change this if you want.

Which one is Venza's then?

5. It's also not too late to change your feats.

I think I'll leave it that way, but thanks.

Otherwise, you are welcome to bring Garadh into the Dunn Wright Inn and start interacting. Welcome aboard.

OK, thanks!

Satin Knights

First Post
Also reviewing Garadh:
a) I added the dagger to the weapons block, both as melee and thrown.
b) Several of the skills didn't have their ability modifier filled in. Fixed.
c) a couple other formatting tweaks.

To answer your question, Venza's citizens speak "Common" aka Low Landellian. Some of the info is on the wiki, the rest is here. It looks like the wiki needs a little bit of an update.

Looks good. Not optimal, but reasonable. Welcome. Garadh is APPROVED for play and ready to go introduce himself in the Dunn Wright Inn and wait for a GM to come in recruiting.

Systole

First Post
Ugh, buried around here somewhere is a language thread that never officially made it through the approval process but that we've been using unofficially for a while.

There are four Landellian languages: Low, Middle, High, and Old. Low is spoken on the coast, High in the mountains, Middle in the middle, and Old in the places where they like to kidnap tourists and make 'em squeal like a pig.

Because Venza is coastal, Venzan = Low Landellian, and because Venza is the foremost trading port in the known world, Venzan = Common. So Common = Venzan = Low Landellian. Pick what you'd like.

EDIT: SK ninja-posted the language link.

Last edited:

Seven

First Post
Hello all. Tor is Awaiting Approval. I do realize he can't be fully approved until at least some background is in place which I am doing now but figured I could get the ball rolling.

Thanks to any and everyone for your time guys.

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Hello all. Tor is Awaiting Approval. I do realize he can't be fully approved until at least some background is in place which I am doing now but figured I could get the ball rolling.

Heyla and welcome!

I have some stuff, just looking through, that you'll want to clean up. Nothing official as far as approval goes right now, just as player to player.

1) You need an Alignment
2) Your Longbow is set for an Attack Bonus of 0.
3) You only have spent 6 Skill Points. Spend that 7th!
4) Add the Dagger to your weapon stats

That's all for now, this is just a quick scan of what you have. Looking forward to seeing this fellow's background.

1. Double check your ability bonuses in the skills. Some of them don't look right.
2. What is "NT gp"?
3. Pathfinder of the Society is a Golarion trait and can't be used in LPF. You can put in a proposal for a lookalike trait, or pick a new one.
4. Is Anya's family originally from Venza? It's not clear from the background, but you picked a Venzan deity.

1 isn't a big deal. 2 should be cleaned up because it's not nice to your approvers. 3 is a dealbreaker and needs to be changed prior to approval. 4 is just me being curious.

Otherwise, I like the character and the backstory. And Daylily will be happy to have someone to talk to in his native tongue. Welcome to LPF.

P.S. Jira'shae has roughly five or six times the swearwords of any other language. It's a very ... shall we say ... expressive language.

EDIT: Okay, I figured out what NT is. Lifestyle just needs to be listed somewhere on the sheet is all.

1.) Found 3 that still needed the modifier filled in, all should be fixed now
2.) Lifestyle is listed in the adventure log as specified in the "Cost of Living" article on the wiki
3.) Swapped out for Reactionary
4.) Picked up a new religion in Tri-Tower

Systole

First Post

Tor has his first approval. I couldn't find anything wrong, but you still have to pass SK's approval, and he's like the boss trainer in the Pokemon clan hall, so don't get your hopes up for actually making it through the approval process unscathed.

Appearance and demeanor sections would be nice but are not a dealbreaker. Background section could probably use some fleshing out, especially as Tor has come several thousand miles across the sea to a foreign continent. This is not generally something that one undertakes lightly, unless one is young and Jiragan, so it could go either way.

Anyway, Tor is welcome to hang out in the Dunn Wright Inn thread.
Good to see more Jiragans carousing around Venza.

Seven

First Post
I appreciate it Systole and I'm still thinking of a background. Not sure how I want him to end up in Venza yet. But I could get the appearance and demeanor rolling, so I'll hit that next.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Anya:
a) the CMB and CMD were off, fixed.
b) I tweaked a lot of display elements.
c) The Background at the top is "Can the GM incorporate the character's background into the plot line of the adventure?" We would like a hint as to which way to go.
d) My obligatory comment of "pick up a dagger". A light weapon is all you can use when you are grappled. And it is easier to dice up dinner with a dagger than a battleaxe.

Anya has her first APPROVAL of two.

Remove ads