• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Check Out Planescape's Table of Contents & More!

A gallery of photos of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse!

Brandes Stoddard has received a copy of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse (which come out in two weeks!) and is posting loads of photos over on Blue Sky. You can check out his feed for the whole treasure trove--here's a look at the table of contents.

1.jpg
2.jpeg

Say goodbye to Asmodeus…

I think you just won that debate. Add most of the Archdevils and several Demon Lords like our Exorcist friend Pazuzu, to that list as well. And a couple Giant Gods. The Goddess (River) Styx (she's mentioned in one of the most important Orphic prayers, one I say daily).

Like do properly or don't do it at all.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Look, I found a religious objection to the Spelljammer book:

Spelljammer preview video has Hecate as Chaotic Evil, which has going WTF?

Out of all the faiths that believe in Hecate, only in certain Gnostic & Satanic (no I don't know why some Satanists worship Hecate, but they do) sects is Hecate viewed as evil. In the Homeric Hymn to Demeter, Hecate is referred to tender hearted. The Chaldean Oracles called her The Mother of Angels. The Neopatonists viewed her as omnibelevent.

For those of you who wonder why I wanted to see Jesus statted up with a loot table in the Biblical 5e setting, this kind of stuff is why.

And despite praying to Hecate daily, I'm not offended, a little blasmphy keeps Zealotry at bay and is spiritual valuable, I'm just disappointed that they have such a naughty word understanding of Hecate. If they wanted a Chaotic Evil Greek God, that is what Typhon is for.

Scribe

Legend
The Greco-Roman, Egyptian, Norse God's, etc... Are too then by that logic. Been in from nearly the beginning, 1e at least.

The difference being, those Gods, where at times put in their actual homes, and I believe described as if they were those other Pantheons, at least in various editions before this one.

Asmodeous? Hes his own thing, not in the Christian Hell, but the Nine Hells, with a very different creation myth (which I adore) that is not the Christian one, even if it shares some elements of course since this is a Western game, and those who created it over the years would be predominantly Christian, even if not practicing.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
All religions are made up, and all mythologies equally valid for applying CR and class abilities. Humans have broken pattern recognition software and "religious experiences" are literally, scientifically no different than hallucinogenic drug trips.

So how about we not poke the Mod Bear by arguing about whether Jesus or Thor has higher CR.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads