Check Out This Conan Character Sheet (Pad)

I'm always a fan of artistic character sheets. As the player's User Interface into the game, I feel that the character sheet is one of the most important things to consider. This character 'sheet pad' by Francesca Baerald for Modiphius' Conan RPG comes in print for £8, or free in PDF. "This character sheet pad for the Conan Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of roleplaying game, features an...

I'm always a fan of artistic character sheets. As the player's User Interface into the game, I feel that the character sheet is one of the most important things to consider. This character 'sheet pad' by Francesca Baerald for Modiphius' Conan RPG comes in print for £8, or free in PDF.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 4.18.20 PM.png

"This character sheet pad for the Conan Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of roleplaying game, features an attractive intricate inked design by Francesca Baerald, and space to record your skills and attributes, primary attacks, talents and belongings, forming a truly heroic way to register your character's mighty RPG deeds for posterity!

G

Guest 6801328

Yeah, I don't get worked about disliking Modiphius games. I just dislike them.

Which, somehow, seems to get Modiphius' defenders worked up. Strange.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Looking again at the sheet, is it common in the game for characters to have only two weapons? Is that a setting-thematic thing the system enforces?

aramis erak

Legend
But first I need to go and google why 2d20 "tends to provoke strong reactions"... I seem to have missed out on that fight while out in the wilderness of no gaming.
There are a few obvious flaws in the system which the designers refuse to acknowledge can happen; they're not overly common in play, but very problematic when they happen.

1) no limit on doom generation by PC's.
1.1) this allows essentially infinite expenditures of Momentum, since generating threat allows all momentum spends.
2) strong potential for snowball effect with the doom pool if the GM uses the expanded crit range doom spend.
3) Several elements that many don't like
3.1) roll low
3.2) bad rolls dictate either a new complication or more doom.
3.3) Players can create new scene traits "without rolling" (momentum spend — which actually comes from prior rolls or from threat generation)
3.4) GM's can't just introduce new elements into the scene, but must spend doom to do so. Not a full step to "weak gm", but not the unhindered GM authority many OSR Enthusiasts demand.
3.5) metacurrencies in general are an issue for a number of traditional games' enthusiasts. And it has 3..

2d20 in general isn't bad, and the items in 1 and 2 of my list can be worked around by a good GM, most of the elements in 3 are matters of taste.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
One of the artistic continua is baroque vs minimalist. This is definitely well toward the baroque side. Which fits the source material. Well done.

I have a whole stack of 2d20 systems. I have played 3 ( star trek, Conan and John carter). I really like it.
That character sheet: I like that the skills on the right hand side of the page ( I think some 2d20 games they aren't)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads