Chicago Gameday XIX 3/15/08: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Maybe we coukd start planning the date for the summer Game Day? With graduations, conventions, 4E release, and Free RPG Day, we have a lot of things to consider.

TracerBullet42

First Post
thalmin said:
Maybe we coukd start planning the date for the summer Game Day? With graduations, conventions, 4E release, and Free RPG Day, we have a lot of things to consider.
I would like to suggest that we NOT play on June 28th...I will likely be out of town.

If I'm here, I fully intend to pick up the D&D adventures of the halfling twins at that point.

buzz

Adventurer
thalmin said:
Does Games Plus have events currently scheduled out that far? I.e., do we currently have our pick of any date?

I'd vote for June 14th or June 28th (sorry TB).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
What release dates for WotC products do we need to be aware of when choosing a gameday date?

buzz

Adventurer
Mark said:
What release dates for WotC products do we need to be aware of when choosing a gameday date?
Because we want to avoid them or because we don't?

4e comes out June 8 6th, iirc.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Mark said:
I wonder if they will be printing a large first run?
Seems a safe bet. Heck, the 4e books have been topping the Gaming Bestsellers at Amazon for months, are we're still 3-4 months from release. They better dang well print a ton of copies. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
buzz said:
Seems a safe bet. Heck, the 4e books have been topping the Gaming Bestsellers at Amazon for months, are we're still 3-4 months from release. They better dang well print a ton of copies. :)

I heard they might do a small run and go with a POD outfit (Print On Demand) to fulfill waning orders after the initial two week surge.

I wonder how long Buzz will buy this malarkey while I bump the thread?

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Dark Blade Rising PCs

Here are the final versions of the PCs for my event. The previous ones I posted should be disregarded. I'd also like to add the following to my blurb.

"It would help greatly if each player could print their chosen character and cut out the needed maneuver and stance cards. It will help the event run much smoother."

Attachments

• Dokhum of the Iron Heart.zip
    127.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Lachet of the Desert Wind.zip
    256.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Madid - Devoted of Wee Jas.zip
    176.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Nequill of the Tiger Claw.zip
    243.5 KB · Views: 164

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads