Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCWesel

First Post
I thought I would put out the question for folks, "Is there any games that people want to play this time around?" Perhaps I might be able to run something that is requested.

Reidzilla

Explorer
I am considering having my Agon event be an all day thing (both slots with the appropriate break, of course). What are everyones's thoughts on this? Please speak up, I'm looking for input.

Sidekick

First Post
Sorry for the thread hijack but I don't suppose you good folks'd be doing another one at easter time /the week after easter would you?

Typically me. I come into town for a 10 day visit just after the ENWorld event has finished...

grumble grumble grumble

have fun everyone!

FCWesel

First Post
I did the one-big-event thing once or twice before. The event was fine, and all had fun, but you'll need to decide if you'll be willing to lose some players and possibly gain others between the break...as all may not be avaialble for all day.

I did this by making extra PC sheets and accounting for the extras, and then bringing them to life after the break while letting the others fade into obscurity.

If you want people who can ONLY sign up for all day, you might be asking for more then some folks will want to give. You might want to keep the table size to a 4 player group to start. Just something to consider.

Sidekick said:
Sorry for the thread hijack but I don't suppose you good folks'd be doing another one at easter time /the week after easter would you?

Typically me. I come into town for a 10 day visit just after the ENWorld event has finished...

grumble grumble grumble

have fun everyone!

Nah, I think our next event is typically in June/July.

If you really cared about us, you'd schedule your visits to come play with us on a gameday. :p :D

Bummer that we won't get to have you around--we love out-of-towners!

buzz

Adventurer
Sidekick said:
No plans to, I'm afraid. The next Gameday will probably be in the summertime.

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
I am considering having my Agon event be an all day thing (both slots with the appropriate break, of course). What are everyones's thoughts on this? Please speak up, I'm looking for input.
I'd suggest just running the event twice, like we usually do with the minis table. Otherwise, you're committing one table to a single group of people all day, which in some sense shorts us of a table in the afternoon.

Of course, this all depends on how many events we end up with, so it may not matter.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Can't make up my mind mind whether to run one or two events...I'm thinking D&D, Ghostbusters, or possibly LotR...

But I'm gonna run something...maybe even two somethings!

buzz

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
I thought I would put out the question for folks, "Is there any games that people want to play this time around?" Perhaps I might be able to run something that is requested.
I remember you were going to run Hollow Earth Expeditions last time around, which sounded fun.

If you ran Spirit of the Century, though, I'd buy you a cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads