D&D Movie/TV Chris Pine To Star In D&D Movie

The long, slow process towards a modern take on D&D movies took a large step forward with the announcement of a huge star signed to the project. Considering that filming is set to start soon a cascade of announcements should be revealed in initiative order imminently. Filming begins in Q1 2021. Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley will be directing the film which features "an ensemble...

The long, slow process towards a modern take on D&D movies took a large step forward with the announcement of a huge star signed to the project. Considering that filming is set to start soon a cascade of announcements should be revealed in initiative order imminently. Filming begins in Q1 2021.

Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley will be directing the film which features "an ensemble cast and take a subversive approach to the game."

chris-pine-variety-studio.jpg

Chris Pine has closed a deal to star in Dungeons & Dragons, the live action film based on Hasbro’s massively popular role-playing game from Wizards of the Coast. Hasbro/eOne and Paramount are jointly producing and financing, with eOne distributing in the UK and Canada, and Paramount the rest of the world.

We have to remember the main goal is to promote the brand. Do you remeber "the queen's gambit"? After this lots of chess games have been sold.

I imagine they want to produce something like the cinematic trailer of Newerwinter Online.

The Sony logo in the shirt doesn't mean any project linked with Hasbro or WotC, but maybe something about fantasy.

Last edited:

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Or... it could be meaningless. I have a ton of shorts with various labels on them and not a single one means that I’m working on a project for Microsoft,Disney,paramount or Miramax.
True. but given the Weiss, Hickman and Manganiello messages, something is being teased.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Listing them in alphabetical order doesn't mean that the Hasbro entities are more involved in the film aspect than the actual film company
Oofta said Hasbro wasn't backing the movie. I was merely showing that, yeah, it is. eOne is Hasbro. And, until October, so was Allspark Pictures.

Oofta

Legend
Not that it really matters, but ...

Paramount is co-producing and co-financing the “Dungeons and Dragons” movie with Hasbro and eOne. eOne is distributing the movie in the U.K. and Canada, while Paramount is handling the rollout in the rest of the world. The release date was recently pushed back from November of 2021 to May 27, 2022.​

Oofta

Legend
Oh, and there was this as well. Basically, these are not going to be low budget movies like we got before. Doesn't mean they'll be good or bad, but at least (for me) there's hope.

Dungeons and Dragons will be one of the first projects that’s part of Hasbro’s AllSpark Pictures, through which the toy company hopes to start churning out Marvel Cinematic Universe-level competition. Other upcoming projects under the label include the G.I. Joe spinoff Snake Eyes and Micronauts.​

Remove ads

Remove ads