• Need a break from family

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 44 37.6%

• Poll closed .

exile

First Post
More tha one of the above

I just crawled home following 28 hours at the hospital covering the vascular surgery service; my family lives some 6-7 hours away (and I have to work again tomorrow); my fiance slept over at her mom's house; I do celebrate Christmas; and, yes, I am an ENWorld addict.

broghammerj

Explorer
Merry Christmas Exile. One day you'll be a senior and not have to cover during the Holidays. It will eventually happen. Don't worry.

Wifes on the phone talking to friends.....I got to have something to do.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
We celebrate Christmas on the eve, rather than the day. Our extended family usually gets together on Christmas day, but since my grandmother is in the hospital this year, we're taking turns, spending time with her. My turn doesn't come until later tonight.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
exile said:
I just crawled home following 28 hours at the hospital covering the vascular surgery service;
Intern? Resident? I'm a male nurse and I get the question "Why didn't you become a doctor?" a lot from patients and family members. (Funny how they typically don't ask the female nurses that question . :\ ) My usual answer: "I like to go home every once in a while." You guys practically live there.

I don't know how you Doctor-type people do it. Up aaaalll night long with us nurses beeping you at every odd moment for every non-standing order. Not because we (RNs in general) are incompetent (Interns will often ask me what I think they should do. Especially if they've been up for a day and a half.), but because the law says we have to. I just can't figure how the world can expect you guys to make life or death decisions after being up for 24 to 36 hours and then get all surprised when a mistake is finally made. :(

[Can you tell I work nights at a Teaching Hospital?]

yes, I am an ENWorld addict.
I'm not addicted. I can quit aaaaanytime I want.

Actually, I'm up early. Having a cup of coffee, waiting for the ex-wife and kneebiter... er... daughter to wake up.

Elephant

First Post
My wife and I live in a group home; she's the supervisor of the staff, and living in is a "perk" (sometimes a curse...) of that job. She was scheduled to work today (the residents don't stop needing help with stuff just because it's a holiday), so I need something to do in the meantime.

I'll be hanging out upstairs with her and the residents for part of the day, too, but sometimes, I just get in the way.

Remove ads