• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic 1st edition AD&D Game

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Jasper looks up from his second plate of food and laughs. "I'm here to see the mayor, too. Never know, remedying his troubles may involve a bit o' filching." He rubs his fingertips together in a near-universal sign for money handling. "So that's three already. I take it that means that it's sure to generate some gilded pockets." He grins broadly.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Elana

"I have also received word of this offer of work, and had hoped to see more, but a job from this town's mayor seems the best available."

"Does any one of you know what the Mayor's proposal is to be, or have heard rumors, perhaps?" (looks straight at Jasper)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Perhaps we should get rooms for the night and see what is goping on in the morning. I would like some time to consider the proposal also so once we hear it let us not jump to the positions.
Lex realises he has just made an error and blushes. Forgive me. I am acting as if we are in some way bound to one another. This is a chance meeting. we shall see tomorrow what becomes of it.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Henry said:
"Does any one of you know what the Mayor's proposal is to be, or have heard rumors, perhaps?"

"Can't say I know any more than you, Lady o' the Green. But you know, folk in my line of work usually come in handy, no matter what the job."

Henry

Autoexreginated
Elana

"It shall not be so bad to see at least familiar faces there. I still must seek lodging for the night, and the later I tarry, the less I shall find."

(Elana will stay a short while, and if it looks as if nothing else is of interest here besides her newfound acquaintences, she goes to pay for her bread and leave, seeking out anything from an Inn to a stable she can afford.)

Mithreander

Explorer
In her inquiries for a place to stay, Elana finds a lady (or more apt, a lady finds her) that offers her a room in her house for a meer silver piece. Upon accepting, she finds that the old lady is a widow that needs the money to kssp the tax collectors at bay, and the room is very nice and clean, witha feather bed and pillow that is just slightly worn out. There is a wash table, foot locker and even a wardrobe for her things. All in all, a nice base of operations for this stay.

The others move out to find lodging (at least I assume you do) with differing outcomes, except for Jasper who finds that he's being followed by some people from the tavern as he leaves. As he had left with the rest of the group for the night, they are all in speaking distance (even Elana, who has yet to leave in search of the above lodging yet, since the DM just changed his mind suddonly).

Henry

Autoexreginated
(Elana reveals the hilt of her scimitar from under her robes with a casual flourish, but continues to walk with the group)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads