• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric or Wizard/Sorcerer/Spellcaster

SorvahrSpahr

First Post
Howdy. thinking of build a non-prestidge-class necro kind of character. and I was wondering, what's the best option to do it. Either the cleric, with his rebuke undead and so on. or the good old wizard/sorcerer/spellcaster

It'll be my first time doing something like this, all the help is welcome

SorvahrSpahr

First Post
isn't the dread necro a prestidge? I may be thinking of a different necro though...the only necro I remember seeing was a prestidge with obscene pre-requisites

drdevoid

Explorer
SorvahrSpahr said:
isn't the dread necro a prestige? I may be thinking of a different necro though...the only necro I remember seeing was a prestidge with obscene pre-requisites

You might be thinking of the "True Necromancer" prestige class from Libris Mortis.

Kurashu

First Post
Dread Necromancer is probably your best bet.

If you want to continue the pure Necromancy...

Follow it up with Pale Master. And if you have a decent Wis score, use Arcane Disciple to get some good domain spells. Convince your DM to allow the Eclectic Learning option from the PHB II for the Warmage.

Suggested Feats:
Corpsecrafter + Assoc Feats
Arcane Disciple

If you want a Necroblade go with your standard fighter-mage build. The Dread Necro's Rebuke Undead allows you to abuse some options most fighter-mages only dream of. Basically, abuse that Charisma with Divine Feats. The guy will be pretty terrifying with this path.

Suggested Feats
Profane Life Leech
Battle Caster

Either way, I suggest these feats.
Tomb Tainted Soul
Extra Turning
Undead Leadership

If you DN 20 or become Undead, convince your DM to create Unnatural Toughness as a feat (Cha instead of Con for Undead types).

And suggested reading?
Tome of Necromancy
Necromancer's Handbook

Remove ads