D&D 5E Cleric Tier Ratings

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
My take on light cleric warding flare. It’s not very good. You get to give disadvantage to 3-5 attacks in the day before the enemy even makes the first attack roll. That meh IMO.

Zardnaar

Legend
My personal take on tempest.

his channel divinity turns shatter into being nearly as strong as fireball (more damage less area).

With as often as that combo can be used from level 6 on it should be rated pretty highly.

I think the biggest problem with tempest is everyone looks at him and wishes he got lightning bolt.

If it got lightning bolt and potent cantrip I would put it in S tier.

Voadam

Legend
To me lightning bolt is the spell for the "army coming down the hallway" scenario. Other than that, fireball all the way.
The change in 3e to the line starts with you instead of at range made fireball generally the better choice tactically. No more firing lightning from behind your fighter's shield wall, while fireballs can still be lofted safely without touching your side.

My take on light cleric warding flare. It’s not very good. You get to give disadvantage to 3-5 attacks in the day before the enemy even makes the first attack roll. That meh IMO.

Depends on the opponent, really. We're playing through Storm King's Thunder right now, and when you've got smaller numbers of enemies who hit really hard, like giants - warding flare is actually pretty damn nice. Multiattack hurts it, but jeez, I'd rather be hit once by a giant than twice...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases