• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED! Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Game (ToEE)

Rhun

First Post
As Marco tends to Ragnok, Dara and Coraine prepare to serve as rear guard. Two Axe stands near Marco and Ragnok, waiting for the healer's word to sling the unconscious dwarf over his shoulder. Otto and Verdis flit from corpse to corpse, grabbing what loot they can. Unfortunately, for fear of being caughtby the coming reiforcements, they are unable to loot the corpses to the north.

The chamber you are in appears to be set-up for use as a guard room. Several weapons racks are set against the walls, holding spears, morningstars and shortswords. A table and four chairs occupies the northwest corner, and a nearly full water barrel stands by the door. A bundle of torches is stacked nearby. On the table are a set of bone dice and a jug of wine, and a torch flickers brightly in the southern wall. Several pegs and hooks hold cloaks and robes. A leather bag holds promise, but is found to only contain some hard biscuits and apples.

A quick look into the room across the hall shows that is could have once been a reception room or such. Ragged wall hangings still decorate the walls, and a once fine hardwood sideboard is centered along the north wall. A stack of dirty dishes, a small cask and some leftover bread and cheese stand atop it. At least a half-dozen pallets are arranged in the room, piled with dirty bedding. A small font in the northwest corner trickles water into a stonework basin. Another stack of torches is nearby, as well as a stack of firewood for use perhaps in some nearby fireplace.

All of the guards, including the gnolls and the bugbear, have a few coins and such within their pouches and purses, mostly silver and gold. One of the gnolls has a bluish tourmaline stone, and the bugbear wears a belt of small, platinum discs.

The sounds of the reinforcements from the north grow louder, and you are sure they will be upon you at anytime. From behing the door in the room with the sideboard and water font, the sound of another door slamming shut can be heard.

We'll say 3 rounds have passed since the battle has ended. Ragnok will be out for another 3 rounds until the healing brings him to 0 hit points.

Hafrogman, 2 charges were used from your wand in this battle...one spent on Dara, and now the one spent on Ragnok.

PC Status
Ragnok -3/32, lesser vigor 8r
Two Axe 23/28,
Otto 17/17
Verdis 8/8 (17/17), CON 7
Dara 24/24, shield 10r for AC21, lesser vigor 6r, rage 2r (AC19, Str 18, Con 18, HP 30/30)
Coraine 21/28, CON 14
Marco 11/11 (14/14), CON 8, shield of faith 22r for AC18

Loot Found
PP: 12
GP: 84
SP: 72
CP: 36
Tourmaline (125 gp value)
Platinum Belt (355 gp value)

Experience Points Earned
747 xps each

Manzanita

First Post
"Where do you plan to flee?" Two Axe asks Corraine. "The only way out is to go towards the enemy. I say we make a stand. Turn the table on its side for cover, and hit them with missile weapons as they come through the door. Then have at them."

Boddynock

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Where do you plan to flee?" Two Axe asks Corraine. "The only way out is to go towards the enemy. I say we make a stand. Turn the table on its side for cover, and hit them with missile weapons as they come through the door. Then have at them."
"Down this passage to the south, bear southeast and then we're at the stairs leading up. From there, out of the Temple and, if necessary, take cover in the forest."

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Not being completely crazed-out during her Rage, Dara remains in the state ready to spring any cultists that come close, but doesn't run off to look for them.

Scotley

Hero
Verdis

"I am unwounded and willing to continue the fight, but I still feel weak from those Vampire birds yesterday. I think a rest would do me good."

Insight

Adventurer
"We'd best flee, I'm afraid," Otto recommends. "Far be it from me to suggest the cowardly route, but I can't see how we can possibly defend ourselves in our current state."

The halfling, counter to his words, approaches the door closest to the enemy. "However," he continues, "I might be in the best position to thwart their pursuit. Perhaps a bit of legerdemain will throw them off track. I can scout ahead and see how much time we truly have before they arrive. They won't see me. I'll return to you when I can."

Otto picks up some small weapons, perhaps some daggers, and pockets them. He looks back to his companions for a response before continuing.

Manzanita

First Post
Boddynock said:
"Down this passage to the south, bear southeast and then we're at the stairs leading up. From there, out of the Temple and, if necessary, take cover in the forest."

OOC: I believe we're following this direction. Two Axe will carry the dwarf. Corriane & Dara will take the rear. Otto is evidently going to stay behind and try to slow the enemy down.

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Dara keeps her sword ready, remaining at the rear of the party, slowly retreating together with them.

As the adrenaline rush ends, she feels a little exhausted, but keeps on moving nonetheless.

Rhun

First Post
Two Axe throws the unconscious dwarf over his shoulder, grunting under the weight of the stout warrior and his heavy armor. As the half-orc staggers off toward the exit, Marco and Verdis fall in line behind him, followed by Coraine and Dara. Otto stays behind to harry the pursuers.

Otto, what are your plans? Where are you hiding?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads