CN vs. N: Chaotic Neutral Victorious!

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Holy crap, an 18 misses a Huge bat?!

Sandy has come to the realization that this is a no win scenario, a sandy kobayashi maru.

"Go for the draw!" Someone yells out from the crowd.

Sandy was indeed about to do just that . . . but she doesn't like being told what to do. Full attack!

Gansk

Explorer
Round 455

Sandy hits with a claw for 3. (Rolled 23, wing missed at 22) Batty has 68 hp left.

Sandy is bitten for another 14. She has 16 hp left.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Sandy screams in pain and frustration. "You've not seen the last of me!" She withdraws, safely burrowing into the ground.

OOC: Wow, even on a good day Sandy would never have a chance against the war bat. Good thing she has burrowing.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 456

Batty gets an AoO due to his 10 foot reach, right? If you agree, he hits and does 18 points of damage.

Was it your understanding that as soon as Sandy left the 0Z square to -5 square, that she got cover? Is that what PJS and you agreed to in a previous burrowing battle?

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: At -5Z I assume she is underground and has full cover, not just cover. I'm not sure if she has cover from above (if not fully submerged), but I assumed she had the option to become fully submerged in the 'square' below the one she is in. I guess you should decide now the two questions for future battles: (1) Can someone be fully submerged (total cover) at -5Z (if Medium or smaller, or height is 5ft or smaller), at -10Z if Large, etc? (2) If someone has cover at -5Z (head sticking out), do they have cover from above?

IMO, it's yes for 1 and 2. Since Sandy chooses to become fully submerged, she should be safe. But no big deal, Sandy is just one combatant in a long line of combatants. :)

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I agree with you on those points, the question I have is when does the AoO occur?

1) After Sandy has reached -5Z, in which case she has full cover.
2) While Sandy is in the process of moving from 0Z to -5Z, in which case she has not yet achieved any degree of cover.

If Sandy was going around the corner of a hallway, and she was leaving a threatened square that did not yet offer cover, I would rule that the attack would occur at the threatened square, not the square that offered cover.

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Sandy withdrew, so from 0Z to -5Z she does not provoke an AoO (the first square is not considered a threatened square when withdrawing). She would provoke from -5Z to -10Z, but by then she has cover. The same thing would apply to someone leaving around a corner, but they must spend a full round action withdrawing (the key point). Alternatively, if Sandy had some other relevant action to take afterwards (or before) she could take a 5ft-step downwards (since she has a burrow speed, she can take a 5ft-burrow-step).

Gansk

Explorer
Sandy withdrew from 5Z to 0Z. She took a 5 foot step up to fight Batty, who was at 10Z, right? That makes 0Z a threatened square due to Batty's reach.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Well, you said you assume she landed, so I assumed she was on the ground. :) If not, you'd be correct. In any case, she has no other choice and will attempt to withdraw. So, if she was at +5Z, she's dead. :(

Remove ads