[CoC-DnD3e-FR] Dead of Winter OOC Discussion

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Yeah, this is the second set of layoffs in the last 4 or 5 months from Wizards. There's a few threads on this topic in general discussion. Long run, I can see it making sense in the way that DnD sales are somewhat cyclic — the only things all players are probably going to buy are the PHB, MM, and DMG (and most will only buy the PHB), after that, every other book is gravy. Of course, some of the people they let go are pretty good talents — Skip William, Jeff Grubb, JD Wiker, Stan!, etc. It's not good, but the sky isn't falling either. :)

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Yes. As soon as I get posts from perivas and novyet, we'll be good to go, and I'll post the next move. If they were to do this either late tonight or sometime tomorrow during the day, I'd definitely post tomorrow night :). If not, within a day of their posting, I'll post.

best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Hey, guys. Apologies in advance, as this is not what I've intended, and in light of my last post, it looks pretty awful. Anyhow, since I posted regarding the next move this past Monday, I've been seriously thinking about what I'm doing with my spare time and what I could/should be doing. Point is, I need to stop gaming for a while and really working on my studies. I've had a great time with this game and all of you, and I appreciate all the time and effort that you've all put into it. I can't match that anymore, nor do I feel like faking it is an allowable option. To get to the point, I've got to stop the game — I've not the time to do it right. Thanks again for an enjoyable (albeit brief) run.

best,
Nick (tKL)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Hey Nick. Sorry to hear that the game is ending. I know how it is as you know. I just don't have the time for anything but my regular game work and fixing my house.

Old Fezziwig

Yeah, I'm not so thrilled about it either, but it'll probably be a good thing if it makes the rest of my life a little smoother. ;)

Best,
Nick

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
I understand how hard it is to put together and run a "well-run" game. Thank you for all of your hard work. It's been enjoyable.

drs

First Post
Sorry to hear it.
Good luck with getting everything sorted, and a big Thank You! It was great fun for the time it lasted.

Remove ads