[CoC-DnD3e-FR] Dead of Winter OOC Discussion

bluegreenone

First Post
Can you give me more specific info about the position of the struggling figures? Are they in the center or closer to a wall? Is the wall burning near them?

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
bluegreenone said:
How many sanity points do we start out with though?

Sanity Point Breakdown
5(Wisdom)=Starting Sanity
99-(Current Ranks in Cthulhu Mythos skill)=Maximum Sanity
Current Sanity=Current Sanity :p

Don't worry about the Cthulhu Mythos skill. You can't do much with it (as in you can't put ranks in it as you level, and it doesn't quite function like a normal skill, as in no maximum ranks). You can make checks with it as needed, once you have some ranks in it. When will you have ranks in it? I'll let you know, rest assured.

As for the position of the people in the tent, you're roughly sure they're in the center, give or take 5 ft. in any direction. They're not clawing at the canvas walls to say the least, as you would've seen that from outside.

Rorschach — Not a problem. :) If you did something different than what you did, I would've just edited it into the post. As it stands, your information doesn't change what I wrote. Now things'll begin to get interesting.

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

RichardFannon

First Post
I'm back.

Can a character draw, load and fire a light crossbow in a single round? I'd allow it, but then I'm notorious for letting my players get away with murder...

Old Fezziwig

Hi, Richard. Welcome back :). [Edit — see below. Argent caught something that I totally missed.]

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

novyet

First Post
Whew, sorry about the delay, comcast decided to shut my service off. Apparently they flicked the wrong lever, because instead of shutting off some deadbeat that hadn't paid in like 3 months, they cut my service. Oy! Anyway they got it fixed sunday night, so it's all good.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
Hi, Richard. Welcome back :). As a Div2, you should have a BAB of +1, which means that you can draw a weapon and move, as a move-equivalent action, and then attack (if it were a sword, I'm assuming). It doesn't say anything about combining drawing the crossbow, loading it, and then firing, but I'd say that if you were to draw and load (move equivalent) and attack (attack action), you'd be fine. In other words, yes, that sounds fair enough. If it ever becomes unrealistic/unfair/sketchy, we'll re-examine it then.

Best,
tKL

That would be the feat Fast Draw. It would allow that to happen.
Back to your game.

Old Fezziwig

Ah. Quick Draw. That would allow him to draw the weapon as a free action. I totally had a brain fart on this earlier this morning — thanks for catching it, Argent :) (New rule for the Lion: never try to answer rule related questions before breakfast).

from the SRD, Combat Actions
Draw a weapon [Move Equivalent][AoO: No]

Description: If a combatant has a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, a combatant can combine one of these actions with a regular move. If a combatant has the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, a combatant can draw two light or one-handed weapons in the time it would normally take a combatant to draw one.

from the SRD, Feats
Quick Draw [General]

Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +1 or higher.

Benefit: The character can draw a weapon as a free action instead of as a move-equivalent action.

With a +1 BAB, you are allowed to draw a weapon and then move. So, you could draw the crossbow and move or draw the crossbow and load it. You can't draw, load, and move or draw, load, and attack without Quick Draw. My bad. This is how I'm understanding these items as I look at them now. Sorry for the confusion, Richard.

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

novyet said:
Whew, sorry about the delay, comcast decided to shut my service off. Apparently they flicked the wrong lever, because instead of shutting off some deadbeat that hadn't paid in like 3 months, they cut my service. Oy! Anyway they got it fixed sunday night, so it's all good.

Not a problem. Thanks for the heads up, novyet. :)

Best,
tKL

Remove ads