[CoC-DnD3e-FR] Dead of Winter OOC Discussion

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Not a problem, Richard. Thanks for the heads up. :)

As it stands right now, I'm still waiting on bluegreenone to post his next move, so we're in a bit of a holding pattern. I will have the move posted either later tonight or early tomorrow morning without Daan's move. If I don't have it posted tonight, it's because I've spent much too much time writing it and needed to get to sleep. I'll then post the move while I eat my breakfast. Either way, your responses wouldn't need to be in until Thursday evening. :)

bluegreenone — I'm going to post this next move without Daan's section. Because of the staggered timelines, it won't effect your character, that is to say you won't be penalized or have anything bad happen. Just wanted to make that clear.

Have a good night, folks.

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

The next move is up! :)

bluegreenone — I'll try and get a response up for you tonight. If not, Thursday for sure.

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

bluegreenone — The canvas is burning for sure right now, as for whether or not something else is burning inside, you can't see through the smoke coming out of the tent.

Thanks, Argent! :)

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Sanity Points

Basically, if you see something horrific or overwhelming (in a cosmic sense), you make a sanity check (roll on d100, under your sanity, you pass; over, you fail). In a normal CoC game, this could be anything from seeing your best friend shot to casting spells to seeing Cthulhu or Hastur. You will always lose sanity points for failing a sanity check. Sometimes you will lose sanity points even if you pass. It all depends on what induces the check.

Losing sanity points equal to one-half your wisdom could induce temporary insanity, lasting for anywhere from 5 rounds to 4 days. Losing 20% of your sanity points in 1 hour leads to indefinite insanity and mental disorders.

Sanity points can be recovered, but it usually involves some sort of treatment or convalescence. Also, you can become accustomed to bad things based on intervals of time passed between the sanity loss inducing event and recurrences of it. Some things never will become second nature.

Oh, two more things — (1) at -10 Sanity, you become permanently insane. Also, (2) at each level you gain 1d6 sanity. You can never have more than 99 - Cthulhu mythos score in sanity points.

That should cover it, I think.

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Next Move!

Move 5 for drs and bluegreenone is up! Move 4b for perivas is up! Otherwise, as soon as I hear from novyet and Rorschach, I'll post for them, and I'll post for Richard as soon as he gets back and settled.

Next week's moves and upcoming schedule:
I'm aiming at trying to get everyone caught up with moves by Wednesday 24 July, so if you're behind, we'll catch up then. Move 6 will be that day, so we need to get people on Move 5 caught up. As for Move 7, that will be Saturday 27 July, and we'll aim for Move 8 on Monday 29 July. After that, things will get hairy. I'm moving to North Carolina next Wednesday, so I think that there won't be another move after Monday until maybe the 4th or 5th of August. Let me know if this schedule works.

Also, to let you know where things are going, our split party, multi-timeline experiment will probably be ending by September (I hope), so the end of that will bring us into Act I.

:)

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

One last thing about sanity checks — sometimes you don't get to make a check, but there's pretty specific instances when that occurs, so no worries.

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Remove ads