• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Colossal-sized PC's?

RookSeven

First Post
I wanted to know if there was a way to turn a Medium-sized character into a Colossal-sized one. I just thought that it would be fun from the role-playing aspect of things. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

baeleg

First Post
Also, the Wu Jen 7th level spell Giant Size from Complete Arcane. Allows you to become Huge, Garguantuan, or Colossal, depending on caster level.

If you're not using Wu Jen, the spell might still be available to wizards and clerics via the emulation abilities of wish and miracle.

smootrk

First Post
7th Level WuJen Spell from Complete Arcane, but only by 19th level caster, and it is a personal spell... no casting on others.

Not what you had in mind, but could be used as insight on new HR spells to do similar effects.

the Jester

Legend
Can the psionic power expansion do this with a high enough ML?

Alternatively, try getting up to Gargantuan and then casting righteous might. One of the coolest bad guys that I've ever used was a fomorian giant cleric who got to gargantuan via RM.... damn scary, I tell you what! :] :cool:

darthkilmor

First Post
RookSeven said:
I wanted to know if there was a way to turn a Medium-sized character into a Colossal-sized one. I just thought that it would be fun from the role-playing aspect of things. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

well enlarge person is 1st lvl right ? that bumps you up one size catagory.
Could just make better versions of that:
3rd lvl enlarge bumps you 2 size cats.(medium->huge)
5th lvl enlarge bumps you 3 size cats.(medium->gargantuan)
7th lvl enlarge bumps you 4 size cats.(Medium->Colossal).

Seems reasonable(but very house-rull-ish). Did i miss one in there?

Infiniti2000

First Post
the Jester said:
Alternatively, try getting up to Gargantuan and then casting righteous might. One of the coolest bad guys that I've ever used was a fomorian giant cleric who got to gargantuan via RM.... damn scary, I tell you what! :] :cool:
That doesn't work, though. From righteous might: "Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack."

domino

First Post
Again, I think if you can get it, PAO is the simplest, safest way to do it.

Same kingdom (animal, vegetable, mineral) +5 (animal to animal, check)
Same class (mammals, fungi, metals, etc.) +2 (mammal to mammal, check)
Same size +2 (nope)
Related (twig is to tree, wolf fur is to wolf, etc.) +2 (person to a person even larger, check)
Same or lower Intelligence +2 (no change in intelligence, check)

Giving us a +11 duration factor, well above the 9 we need for permanancy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads