D&D General "March Madness" - Let's Rank The D&D Classes

Help me set up an NCAA-esque "March Madness" bracket for the D&D classes. Pick up to 4!

• Poll closed .

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
So far, Swordmage is leading for the Wildcard slot, Rogue is leading the Martials Division, and and Wizard is leading the Casters. Should be interesting to see the final rankings next week.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Here's a sneak peak of the bracket. (Don't worry, I'll dress it up nice for next week)
MM_Bracket.png

And here are the rankings so far, as of 08:30 PST today:
MM_Rankings.png

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
There is no saving us from a OD&D Final Four, is there? :confused:
The way the bracket is set up makes that impossible. We’ll have cleric and wizard for the casters, but rogue and fighter go head-to-head earlier. So one of those will be knocked out before the final four. For the inaccurately labeled “martials,” the final two will be either fighter or rogue, plus one of paladin, monk, warlord, or swordmage.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
There is no saving us from a OD&D Final Four, is there? :confused:
I mean...they are consistently the most popular classes in just about every poll ever done, so I'm not all that surprised. It would be nice to see other classes get a shot at the title (like my personal favorite, Warlock.) Maybe there will be a Round 1 upset?

The way the bracket is set up makes that impossible.
More accurately: the way people are voting makes that likely. These four character classes are in the top positions because they are the ones getting the most votes. I suspect that as we get closer to the end of this poll, people will start moving their votes around to adjust the rankings a bit ("hmm, looks like Bard vs. Artificer in round 1...I think I'll move my vote to Sorcerer so that the Bard will have to face off against the Wizard"), and that's when the bracket format will have more of an impact.

Like I said earlier: this is just a popularity contest with extra steps. I don't expect it to make popular choices less popular.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
More accurately: the way people are voting makes that likely. These four character classes are in the top positions because they are the ones getting the most votes.

Like I said earlier: this is just a popularity contest with extra steps. I don't expect it to make popular choices less popular.
No one voted to set the bracket up that way. You decided to. You picked casters vs martials. You could have scrambled the classes up. Might be a better way to go considering some of the “martials” are also casters. Yeah, the core four are likely to be the de facto final four on popularity alone.

Remove ads